Smith's Lawn, Berkshire

In late 1940 Vickers occupied a hangar to produce Wellingtons which were then flown out of this small airfield in the south-east cor­ner of Windsor Great Park . From mid-1941 to early 1945, the site was also used as an RLG by 18 EFTS, with further use being made during part of the same period by USAAF comms aircraft such as Piper Cubs and Stinson Sentinels.

Major unit -18 EFTS