- Expert database designer; fluent in all aspects of database development, including design, normalization, and optimization.
- Expert programmer for developing web applications and seamless user interfaces.
- Experienced in Internet security and spam filtering.
- Quick to learn new systems and applications.
- Very attentive to writing efficient and bug-free code.
- Self starter and dedicated to total customer satisfaction.
Cold Fusion, Crystal Reports, ASP, Perl, PHP, C++, Java
Oracle, Sybase SQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access
Unix: Linux, BSD, SUN Solaris
Microsoft: Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95/3.x
DOS, IBM OS/2 Warp 4.0/3.0/2.x, Macintosh
Clickosher.com, New York, NY (Telecommute) (2006)
- Designed new shopping cart system, and created a better back end order processing routine, using ASP.
- Redesigned look of site, using CSS.
Park Medical Centers, Detroit, MI (Telecommute) (2004-2005)
- Developed an efficient workflow for processing medical patients and entering them into the computer system.
- Redesigned part of their existing website to better match how patient records were managed in the offices. This eliminated dual record keeping, and improved efficiency and accuracy.
- Instituted new backup procedures to ensure the the safety of patient data, and developed a verification system to allow quick synchronization of the database records with paper records in case of a computer failure.
- Developed a variety of new features for the client's online patient management system using Cold Fusion on a MySQL database.
Burton Signs, Pittsburgh, PA (2003-2004)
- Created a web user interface using Perl to edit a MySQL database. This interface enabled the client to manage the products sold on their online ordering site.
- Performed ongoing maintenance, and developed new features for the site as needed by the client.
Crown Antiques, Pittsburgh, PA (2002-2004)
- Repaired and improved a complex Perl web application to auction items on eBay.
The application stored the items in a MySQL database, automatically posted the items, tracked their auction status, and performed end of auction actions.
- Created a tool using Microsoft Access to import and export the auctions between the eBay auction management tool and the Crown Antiques database.
Medical Digital Photography, Brookline, MA (2002)
- Wrote a program in Visual Basic to extract selected frames from an AVI video and store them as bitmaps.
- Designed a Visual Basic Form for video playback and extraction. It allowed the user to select specific frames to extract while playing the video at normal speed, in reverse, or by single stepping.
- Wrote a re-entrant Form in Visual Basic to allow the user to create as many video playback windows as desired, and to use them all simultaneously.
- Designed the Form's programmer interface to be very easy to use. The Form automatically managed it's own resources to enable the programmer to use the Form without needing to understand it.
Pinnacle Systems (Formerly Avid Sports) PCLE, Lowell, MA (2001)
- Took over and completed development of a Cold Fusion application for professional sport scouts, called Scorpion, to store complete player profiles and historical data in Microsoft Access and SQL Server.
- Wrote an interface to allow scouts to perform complex searches on players and generate reports.
- Designed an interface in ASP for the Cold Fusion application to generate reports over the web using Crystal Reports ASP Server. The interface allowed scouts (by using the Cold Fusion application) to specify desired information and build the report on the fly.
- Used Crystal Reports to design a complex, on the fly, report that displayed a potential field layout of offensive and defensive players based on the data entered by the scouts,
- Used Crystal Reports to design a complex, on the fly, report that displayed complete charts of players categorized by playing style, team defense, and other parameters.
Event Zero (Formerly Inscribe Technologies), a consulting company in Arlington, MA (1999-2001)
Worked on projects for the following company clients:
- Sandy Bay Networks: Designed and implemented a database migration from MySQL to Oracle. Redesigned tables and optimized queries to reduce page generation time from minutes to seconds, and migrated all old data.
- DebtX: Designed and programmed the DHTML for the site. Wrote the navigation bar and most of the active code throughout the site. Wrote browser adaptive code that works on Netscape 4, MS IE 4+, and on Mozilla (Netscape 6+).
- MyHelpDesk: Designed and implemented MS SQL database tables and associated ASP web code to log users and calculate statistics. Used Crystal Reports to create reports to view the data.
First Call Corp. (Thomson Financial Services), Boston, MA (1998-1999)
- Developed a secure full-featured user authentication system, using Cold Fusion, to allow varying levels of user access to an application for monitoring a Sybase database of financial documents. The application included features for allowing administrators to easily manage large numbers of users.
- Created a user interface for a collection of Cold Fusion scripts, by developing an easy to customize, collapsible, multi-level menu system.
- Developed an alert system to monitor the status of databases and applications, including a Cold Fusion interface to select the users to receive pager and email alerts.
- Rewrote Unix Perl scripts as Cold Fusion pages with easy to understand interfaces.
Compideo, Brookline, MA (1998)
- Developed a secure web based requisition application for the Schepens Eye Research Institute (an affiliate of Harvard Medical School). Written in Cold Fusion using Microsoft Access as the database.
Eprise Corp. - (Formerly Novalink USA), Westborough, MA (1996-1997)
- Developed Web based applications written in Cold Fusion, LiveWire, and Visual Basic for Internet and Intranet customers.
- Designed a novel high security method for user authentication and access control on Cold Fusion and LiveWire web pages.
- Created high security web pages that interface with Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access, and Sybase databases.
- Developed a full featured web-based message board in both Cold Fusion and LiveWire, using Access and Oracle databases, to allow users to post, reply and search messages and to administer different levels of access to the message board.
- Wrote a CGI in Visual Basic which uses OLE to allow users to access and modify a remote Microsoft Excel spreadsheet through a web server.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester, MA (1995)
- Major: Computer Science.
- GPA 4.0/4.0 in Computer Science.