Welcome Shadow Walker. This work is brief list summary of the great events of the Players in the Empire. Additional notes and questions can be addressed by email.
| Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 |
Summary AmberCon X - 1999
- Slot 2
- Chaosians arrive in Darrheabarr:
Merlin, the King of Chaos, has accepted the invitation of Lora, Empress of the Gleaming, to a Festival honoring his betrothal to Zakchere, of House Helgram. PC's will be at the event and politics and romance will mix with manners and subtle intrigue. A personal presentation to the King of Chaos may be crucial. The Empress expects each citizen to do his or her duty and present the Empire in the most favorable light.
- Festival opens
- King Merlin is not present as agreed, snub worries Empire
- Empress confers with Lord Suzzare
- Empress Lora asks questions of COC delegation who defer the King's arrival
- Jubilee starts a party in the Chaosian barracks
- King Merlin is seen shopping crafts in city
- Poe, Jubilee ditch legionnaire escort
- Field Major Vintar, aid de camp to Lord Despil arrives at palace
- Empress Lora confers with Vintar
- Jubilee returns to palace to find Lord Jaine Bodann
- Poe confers with Commander Dane
- King Merlin arrives for evening ball, unexpectedly brings Zakchere, the bride to be
- Empress and Zakchere spend evening conferring
- Some Imperial foreign guests disrupt the catering
- Arlan Eanernil makes an impressive presentation to the Lady Kiseth
- Ember 'cleans out' the wealthy party-goers
- Baccaran delegation 'safe house' is attacked, servants hurt, Baccarans embarrassed
- The Chaosian troop party spills out into the Market Quarter
- Matters conclude successfully with slightly ruffled diplomacy
- Bodann security is commended
- Slot 3
- Imperials arrive in Courts of Chaos:
The Courts have extended a formal invitation to Lora, Empress of the Gleaming, to an Abandonment honoring the Empire where it will be decided which Imperial delegates will attend the Wedding of King Merlin. The Abandonment (a Chaosian revel) is hosted by socially prestigious House Matrisse. PCs will represent the aged Empress at the event. But some in the Courts of Chaos do not wish to see changes such as treaties with the Empire. Also, the Empress has a special matter to be resolved before the Wedding can take place. Expect drama, amusement and surprises.
- House Matrisse welcomes delegates
- Chaosians try to take Imperials on whirlwind tour
- Matrisse monopolizes Imperial access
- Poe confers with Kiseth about special schedules
- Rakhi discovers excellent records on Amber Family Tree
- Archard sees new Trump techniques at House VanGrast
- Arlan is invited to Amblerash, proposals are made
- Ember and Bois plot stealing Chaosian weapons
- Matrisse 'spiral performance' theater, Poe & Suzzare effect Imperial escape
- Jubilee discovers teen Pit Divers Clique, Poe suffers an apparition
- Jubilee drags Archard off to Abyss, Archard spends an hour in Abyss Dive
- Hargrave discovers layered information of 'spiral sigil'
- Ember and Bois scout Houses for weapons
- Arlan deciphers magical environs of Courts
- Hargrave perfects Spiral Sigil
- Suzzare and Hargrave copy Sigil
- Merlin asks the Sinister to intervene
- Suzzare discovers Amber Library of Matrisse
- Abandonment party at House Matrisse
- Archard, Rakhi, and Jubilee are 'winning' the Abandonment
- Arlan repairs Argent
- Ember steals Sigil, escapes into Abandonment
- Hargrave tracks Ember
- Suzzare discovers the arrival of the Eventide Veil, Abandonment starts to disintegrate
- Vintar arrives at Abandonment, saves most guests
- Arcane matters deteriorate, Helgram Arcane Defense Force is dispatched from Thelbane
- Ember leaves Abandonment, returns to Imperial Suite
- Arlan collapses local magic at the Abandonment
- All escape Abandonment, Imperials dragged out by Helgram ADF
- Suzzare turns in his copy of Sigil to the Helgram ADF
- Ember placed under House arrest in Matrisse
- Hargrave, Kiseth find Sigil returned to his room
- Matters end with Matrisse disarrayed, Bois Inthir exposed
- Slot 4
- Trouble in Darrheabarr:
Someone or Something is slaying diplomats and wedding delegates in the Empire in ghastly fashion. Terror has come to the sunny streets of Darrheaba. PCs are among the most likely corpses. At this rate, the Court forces opposed to diplomacy with the Empire will win the day if order is not restored. Empress Lora turns to special measures to track down the killer(s) and find what Chaosian forces have infiltrated the Empire.
- Inthir is commanded to bring Bois to justice
- Hargrave investigates the power of the Spiral Sigil
- Suzzare makes his critical report to Lora and Sandmorel
- Rakhi is cross-examined by Canthraal
- Rakhi and Archard confer
- Bois Inthir is murdered
- Ember is questioned
- Archard and Rakhi learn of murder
- Admiral Gerard is arrested at the menagerie
- Gerard is imprisoned at palace
- Suzzare investigates
- Poe investigates, brings in the Arcanum
- Jubilee tries to see Gerard
- Jubilee plans a prison break
- Archard and Rakhi investigate
- Hargrave is murdered
- Poe points out the Spiral Sigil is stolen
- Suzzare breaks Gerard out
- Arlan discovers Argent is in touch with another artifact
- Arlan discovers Senator Hew has the Spiral Sigil
- Arlan tries to advise Palace Door of trouble
- Artifact battle
- Jubilee arrives in time to aid escape of Gerard, foil pursuit of Rakhi and Archard
- Sandmorel takes charge of capturing Gerard
- Rakhi confesses that Gerard is March
- Archard uses new skills to 'sketch' March, from Rakhi's memory
- Jubilee and March escape to sea
- Sandmorel attempts to recapture, fails
- Jubilee and March contact Random, who will not aid them
- Sandmorel captures March
- Arlan escapes Hew to Courts of Chaos, is held by Amblerash
- Canthraal arrives, escorts March to prison
- Rakhi visits March, realizes that March does not know her
- Canthraal arrives to deal with March, but Rakhi will not leave
- Canthraal 'snaps', assaults March, Rakhi, legionnaires, kitchen staff
- Sandmorel stops Canthraal in battle outside kitchen
- Jubilee escapes to Amber
- Matters end with Sandmorel taking Rakhi's new information and explaining all
- Senator Hew is arrested
- March is returned to Amber by the Fleet
Summary AmberCon XI - 2000
- Slot 4
- Trump Tempest:
Dramatic Events in Darrheabarr move on. Power shifts in the Imperial Palace. Agents of Amber have been seen in the streets of the Sunwashed City. Important people have gone missing. Trump Artists are being being drowned. The Chaosian ambassador arrives to invite a select group of Imperials to the Courts of Chaos for King Merlin’s wedding. Then a strange message arrives from Chaos that may put the Empire and Chaos at War!
- Arlan escapes Courts of Chaos, stealing back his ring from Count Ritter Amblerash.
- Jubilee leaves Amber with goodbyes to the wharf crew and selected 'unofficial' friends.
- Arbonne arrives in Darrheabarr and presents herself to the palace. The First Door takes her to see Empress Lora.
- Lora welcomes Arbonne and the First Door introduces her to Archard.
- Jubilee 'bumps' a whale and is grabbed by the Gray Man. Jube severs the Gray Man's arm and Poe runs him thru.
- Hargrave researches the Sigil and discovers the Mental properties of its sorcery.
- Arlan arrives in Darrheabarr and establishes he is not dead by sorcery.
- Jubilation and Poe enter harbor from Shadow and March bids them farewell and returns to Amber by Trump.
- Arlan investigates the matter of Senator Hew and discovers he is dead. Arlan deals with family matters.
- Hargrave is nearly burned alive by an arcane note. The Leaper is the addressee.
- Jubilee returns to the palace and Nanelle. Later, she parties with the beach crowd.
- Kopernica and Deeantalta Morgalantis send invitations to the palace for Archard.
- Arbonne and Archard tour the beach. Kopernica finds a drowned man. Archard accompanies the Morgalantis cousins to the constables office. Archard recognizes the man as one of the ten Trump Artists in the City.
- Lord Suzzare taps the activities at the Palace and looks for Dr. Crikes.
- Poe settles into study and contemplation. Dane visits only to be pushed off by an uninvited guest.
- Hargrave notes the 'un-gold' seal of the arcane trap and takes it to LATW.
- Poe's guest dies on the doorstep. Poe is off to the constable's to assist. The Medical Examiner tells him this is the third death by drowning and certainly the most peculiar. Poe learns the constables are looking for a seven foot tall killer based on hand prints.
- Jubilee returns to the Celebration to take up the arm, which is actively moving within its wrap. She kills it again and packs it in a salted barrel.
- Rakhi and Archard chat at a meal. Rakhi promises to look into the drowned man.
- Rakhi finds three Trump Artists have died in different parts of Darrheabarr.
- Jubilee discovers the barrel broken into when she returns to check it.
- Arlan schedules a meeting with the Empress. 'Most Urgent'.
- Suzzare discovers Arbonne and Archard with Rakhi.
- Jubilee goes to see Poe. Interrupts Dane, who leaves.
- Imperials go to see Poe. Interrupt Jubilee, who leaves. Confer about killings.
- Hargrave goes to the palace to see Archard.
- Kopper and Dee go to the palace to see Archard.
- Hargrave notes the 'slippery' legionnaire prowling the palace. He attempts to track him. The false legionnaire is arrested and Hargrave confers with the Legion.
- The False Legionnaire escapes and moves to Lora's Court. Alarms sound and Hargrave is in pursuit.
- Jubilee rushes the Court Room.
- The False Legionnaire confronts the Empress with a message, Empress Lora begins to drown on the Imperial Seat.
- Hargrave arrives. Jubilee attacks the False Legionnaire.
- The assassin falls to the efforts of the Legion, Jube, and Hargrave. Lora pulls up the Gleaming with Jubilee's help and saves herself. Hargrave kills the assassin before he can attack again.
- Kopper, Dee, Suzzare, Archard, Arbonne, Rakhi move quickly into the palace and Seat Court.
- Hargrave discovers a strange Trump.
- Jubilee gets Lora on the Seat. Kopper revives the Empress' strength and voice.
- Some force tries to destroy the assassin's body and evidence. Arbonne intervenes and Blocks the strange Trump.
- Sandmorel arrives. Attempts to pull information from the Assassin. Is downed by an unknown force.
- Empress summons the LATW, and League.
- Kopper restores Sandmorel.
- Arlan arrives and is shown to Empress by Rakhi. Arlan informs Lora of the message being lost. Suzzare recovers the warning from Arlan's mind. Empress withdraws to conference with Rakhi.
Summary AmberCon XII - 2001
- Slot 3
- Ancient Calling:
Despair in Darrheabarr. Assassination in the Imperial Palace? Trump Artists are in threat. The Chaos ambassador arrives in the Sunwashed City with an ultimatum. With the Imperial Family dropping one by one, the Empire and Chaos may soon be at War!
- Begins within minutes of last game's end!
- Read the detailed summary of the events here on a separate page.
- Darrheabarr holds many more stories-- yet the arc of the original plot events has now ended with this Fifth game. If the game returns in 2002 AmberCon US, it will be opened as a serial campaign with players able to come and go, popping in and out of the story. (It is likely that I will pass ten years of time as buffer to loose threads left from the first five games.)
Our story so far.
Creatures, Items, & smArtifacts
Empire of the Gleaming Banner