(Page last updated at: 9:35 PM on 01-17-2010)
Note: If you don't have a plugin, the files should open with Windows Media Player (in Explorer) or Netscape's own plugin when you left click on the filename (if you don't close each player after playing the midi file, it most likely will open a new window each time you play a song - certain plugins do not do this). In later versions of Explorer the songs may open within the browser, in a frame to the left of the page, however.
---->>> Shania's songs (in midi format) and also Oldies and Christmas songs are zipped in single files just up from the bottom in 'More Midis and Wavs'. A link is there also for 'Some Nice Wavs' or here (these files are 'zipped' & require 'Winzip' to unzip - link for free download is on page). One may also find the 'wav' song 'When The Eagle Flies' by the late W. Jennings, which some believe is a spin-off of 9-11 (at Item #5 in the Links at the bottom of page). Note the new links in Item #8 at bottom for 'Down Home' Christian Bluegrass Show (video archive) or TCT Network's Christian Live TV or their 'Video On Demand', just added on above date. Items #3 and #6 in links at bottom have been updated also.
*Note: Some of the Country songs below were also crossover Pop hits.
Arkansas.Mid (24 kb - Arkansas Traveler - a lively banjo, piano & fiddle tune about our western neighboring state)
*Batnewor.Mid (22 kb - The Battle of New Orleans - originally performed by the late Johnny Horton)
*BootBoogie.Mid (75 kb - Boot Scootin' Boogie - originally popularized by Country duo Brooks and Dunn)
Country.Mid (17 kb - banjo & guitar piece typical of the Southern mountains)
*El Paso.Mid (34 kb - a Western ballad orginally performed by the late Marty Robbins)
Fadedlov.Mid (20 kb - Faded Love - a mesmerizing tune from the Southern Appalachians)
*He'll Have to Go.Mid (16 kb - song was originally performed by the late Jim Reeves, 'The Southern Gentleman')
*I Believe In You.Mid (35 kb - song was originally popularized by Country singer Don Williams, 'The Gentle Giant')
*I Love a Rainy Night.Mid (64 kb - song was originally performed by the late Eddie Rabbit)
Forever.Mid (26 kb - If You Ever Have Forever In Mind - original song was made popular by Country singer Vince Gill - the piano & harmonica work is nice)
*King of the Road.Mid (21 kb - originally performed by the late Roger Miller)
Sweethome.Mid (52 kb - Song entitled 'Sweethome Alabama' originally performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd, a southern Country/Rock band)
Wildwood.Mid (13 kb - a mountain tune called the 'Wildwood Flower' originally made popular by The Carter Family)
12days.Mid (15 kb - The 12 days of Christmas - shortened version)
1812Over.Mid (14 kb - The 1812 Overture, as one might guess)
AmazingGrace.Mid (5 kb - the age old classic gospel hymn on organ - short version)
AngelsWatching.Mid (26 kb - Angels Watching Over Me - original song was made popular by Contemporary Christian artist Amy Grant, the wife of Country singer Vince Gill)
Cafedang.Mid (26 kb - a Vietnamese piece)
Canyon.Mid (34 kb - nice tempo, hard to classify)
Greenslv.Mid (16 kb) - Greensleeves
Heartlnd.Mid (8 kb - music of the Heartland)
Reggae.Mid (24 kb - visit Jamaica mon)
Seashore.Mid (13 kb - Enchanted Seashore - hear the relaxing waves and other sounds with a pleasant melody)
Serenity.Mid (18 kb - a soft and inspiring piece)
TheFirstNoel.Mid (2 kb - another Christmas carol of note - rather short)
Jazz/Big Band/Americana/Folk/Etc. (some could be in 'Easy Listening'):
500Miles.Mid (25 kb - 500 Miles Away From Home)
American Medley.Mid (44 kb)
Bugleboy.Mid (17 kb - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company 'B' - crank up the volume - wasn't that originally by the Andrew's Sisters?)
Chabooge.Mid (24 kb - Choo Choo Chat Boogie - how about some jazz? - bg. sound for Home Page)
Chatchoo.Mid (80 kb - A new beat version of The Chattanooga Choo Choo, somewhat short of Glenn Miller's version, of course)
God Bless The USA (17kb - the song was originally released by Lee Greenwood)
InMood.Mid (78 kb - In The Mood - a Big Band favorite originally performed by the late Glenn Miller and his band)
Jazz.Mid (27 kb)
Orleans.Mid (16 kb - sounds of Bourbon Street in New Orleans - rather short)
PTboogie.Mid (24 kb - Pine Top's Boogie Woogie - want more jazz?)
Tennwalz.Mid (21 kb - The Tennessee Waltz - this is the best midi version I've heard - it was sequenced by Don Carroll)
Mid-50's to Mid-60's:
50's Feelings.Mid (27 kb)
AtTheHop.Mid (45 kb - song was originally performed by Danny & The Juniors - crank it up)
FunFunFun.Mid (51 kb - "She had fun, fun, fun, until her Daddy took the T-Bird away." My best guess is that this tune was orginally performed by The Beach Boys.)
JimDandy.Mid (17 kb - Jim Dandy Jive - a little 'honky tonk' piano & organ)
Rollbeet.Mid (80 kb - Roll Over Beetoven - remember the old Chuck Berry tune ?)
Sockhop.Mid (52 kb - Sock Hop - the piano work is great)
Splish.Mid (12 kb - Splish Splash)
Wipeout.Mid (59 kb)
Pop Songs (some could be in Easy Listening; some are more Rock such as 'Bad Moon Rising' or 'Green River' originally by the band CCR):
BadMoon.Mid (37 kb - Bad Moon Rising - song made popular by Credence Clearwater Revival or CCR, now disbanded - the lead singer, John Fogerty, still performs at times - early Pop/Rock era)
Feelings.Mid (30 kb)
Forgoodt.Mid (26 kb - For The Good Times)
Friends.Mid (20 kb)
Friendsi.Mid - (23 kb - Friends in Low Places - a Country/Pop tune originally performed by Garth Brooks - slow paced version)
Funkytwn.Mid - (45 kb - Funky Town - a little 'Funk' - don't say I'm not hip)
Green River.Mid (31 kb - song was originally performed by CCR - early Pop/Rock era - in later years it was made a crossover Country song by the group 'Alabama')
Jolly.Mid (40 kb - Jolly Mon - any pirates out there? - original song was by Jimmy Buffett)
Keeper.Mid (11 kb - Slow down and rest with 'The Keeper of the Stars')
Last Date.Mid (27 kb - a beautiful piano piece originally performed by the late Floyd Cramer - a crossover Country/Pop hit)
Windwngs.Mid (32 kb - Enjoy the once well known melody 'Wind Beneath My Wings')
Bevhillb.Mid (11 kb - Beverly Hillbillies - remember Jed, Grannie, Daisy Mae & Jethro ?)
Cheers.Mid (4 kb - a once popular TV sitcom theme song)
Cocacola.Mid (5 kb - a rather well known soft drink theme)
Fromrus.Mid - (42 kb - From Russia With Love)
GreenAcres.Mid (16 kb)
HappyTrails.Mid - (27kb - remember the late Roy Rogers & Dale Evans theme song ?)
Hawaii50.Mid (21 kb - visit the islands with the TV theme 'Hawaii Five-O' - anyone remember Jack Lord & his perfect 'hair do' no matter how hard the wind was blowing ?)
Mission.Mid (42 kb - remember the TV theme 'Mission Impossible' and the tape burning up after the star Peter Graves played the secret message ?)
Myway.Mid (30kb - Doing it My Way - a favorite theme song of the late Frank Sinatra.)
Netsport.Mid (15 kb - a lively network sport's theme)
Ppanther.Mid (14 kb - the Pink Panther theme - remember the inquisitive Inspector Clouseau and his servant/karate expert Kato who kept Clouseau on guard at all times ?)
Rockytop.Mid (10 kb - Rocky Top - Theme song of the University of Tennessee Volunteers - Go VOLS)
Willtell.Mid (21 kb - William Tell Overture - remember the 'Lone Ranger' theme and "Hi yo, Silver, away !" ?)
Check out several good 'wav' files at Some Nice Wavs (these files are 'zipped' & require 'Winzip' to unzip - link for free download is on page).
Download a zipped file containing a variety of Shania's songs in Midi format (206K) at Shania's.zip - any of the 'zipped' files, including 'oldies.zip', 'xmasmidis.zip' below & 'Real Oldies' (which contains 'Real Audio' files) in item #5 of Links at bottom, or any of the 'wav' files (in link above), require Winzip to unzip - download Version 14 which is for Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7 (there may be a time limit on the use of this - not sure). There is an option to Get Winzip Free in Item #2 of this page.
You might like to download a file called oldies.zip (544K - which contains several Oldies midis) or one called xmasmidis.zip (312K - containing Christmas songs) for more midis.
If you like some of the above midis or if you find any dead links below let me know at or on text link cjdoscher1_at_comcast_dot_net , thanks. Note: Change the '_at_' to @ and the '_dot_' to a period after clicking on either link.
1. Try out Music by Margi Harrell (some good links to mostly sites that use her music) or Margi's Sample Song Collection (which is nice).
---->>>Link #2 below is now defunct (01-05-2010).
2. Check out Clug's Music Page for T.V. & Movie theme songs, 80's music, Rock music, classic hits,dance music, etc. - a lot of midis (his home page has a variety of info. on topics such as games, electronics, movies, music, etc., but several of these pages are "under construction" - it has a kind of 'spaced out' look, however).
Note: One needs a plugin such as Crescendo for Explorer 5.1 (1.5 MB) to save the above midi files as he doesn't allow a 'right click' to save files (after installing the plugin, click on the file name & after it opens in the plugin, click 'file', 'save as' - this plugin may save streaming 'MP3s' also; I don't believe this save option is available with Windows Media player).
3. Have a look at The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. There are exhibits & information on various bands/inductees such as 'From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen' or 'The Everly Brothers'. There are some slideshows on their various exhibits (& a few videos). The Library & Archives is due to open in late 2010 (no apparent archived music).
4. Those looking for adventure in audio, video, radio and more may try a gander at Music at AOL.
5. You Country music patriots might like to download 'When The Eagle Flies' by W. Jennings (658KB) or Oldies lovers might like Real Oldies (a 3.4 MB 'zip' file containing several Real Audio songs from the Jazz, Blues or Oldies genres - will take a while to download w/slow connections) which requires Real Player for playing (look for 'free' version).
Note: Any of the above 'zipped' files requires Winzip to unzip for playing (see link above under 'More Midis and Wavs').
6. Videos, as well as audio files and radio, are available at Real.com (same link as 'player' above) or more free radio at Live365 or Pandora.
7. Numerous 'Flash player' based videos (these play in the Flash plugin that is normally with Internet Explorer) are available at YouTube. There use the 'Search' box for Music Videos - enter artist name or song title or both (newer songs may not always be available right away and a few videos are sometimes removed by YouTube for Copyright violations); some 'music videos' are slideshows that show pictures of the artist while the song plays. This may be a good source for Oldies or Classic Country, perhaps Rythym & Blues.
8. TCT Network's 'Down Home' Christian Bluegrass Show (direct archived video link) is found at 'Down Home Gospel' Video - may have to click on 'pause' button (||) to start play (unless the 'start' button is in its place). The link to TCT Network's Christian Live TV is found at link below or here (can select a low speed dial-up or one of two broadband streams) or try their 'Video On Demand' (direct link to all their archived videos).