- Hello, I would like to take a moment to introduce myself, and share my background with you, as I ask for your support as a Candidate for Representative in Congress.
- First and foremost, I am a devoted husband to Brittan Russell and father of two beautiful girls, Nia and Sydney.
- I grew up on the south side of Chicago and attended Keller Gifted Elementary School and Kellogg Elementary School before enrolling in the 7th and 8th grade Gifted Program at Morgan Park High School. From there I attended high school and graduated after my Junior year. The University of Illinois @ Chicago was my next step in education. I graduated four years later with a Bachelor of Arts Degree having majored in Criminal Justice and a declared minor in Economics.
- Honestly, it was during this time in college that “it all came together” for me. For the first time in my life, I came to truly understand the importance of responsibility, commitment, integrity, dedication, faith, and family. And, it was here that I began to position myself to answer the call for serving the community.
- For the past 13+ years, I have honorably answered, and responded to, citizen’s calls during their times of need as a Chicago Police Officer. I have seen first-hand the devastation done to communities as a result of unemployment, lack of adequate health care, poor education, and cuts to public safety, and have been committed to addressing these issues to the best of my ability.
- As a result of this commitment, I have been active in the Park Manor Community helping to organize, assist and participate in community events. I address the community issues until resolution and act as a community advocate. Since 2007, I have also enjoyed being a mentor and volunteer coach to many of the children at St. Paul Lutheran School.