President & Founder
Email me @
Providing a resource for homes/families to learn how to safely work around asbestos used in the construction of our homes throughout this country and the world. We live with asbestos. There is no safe limit of exposure so, let us show you how to stay safe in your home.
Homeowners live with the hazards associated with asbestos building materials. Preventing future exposures to this known health hazard is the key. We cannot continue to ignore this reality. The foundation will educate families in collaboration with State Health, Environment and Public Education Departments as well as Asbestos Abatement Experts! All residents have this issue to deal with. Do not be confused, asbestos is in over 3,000 products. Preventing exposure is preventing cancer...
A video message from the founder:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtakzu6PQc
We will establish contact with every U.S. State Education Department to introduce our “Living With Asbestos” 45-minute lesson plan. This lesson is free to anyone anytime. We simply ask for feedback to measure the results of this lesson. Please email the Pre/Post test information or send it to the address listed on the footer of the test page. We look forward to you comments.
August 27, 2014 - The New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED) posted our curriculum "Living With Asbestos" @ http://ped.state.nm.us/sfsb/tools/. All superintendants have been encouraged to use it as an important part of their health programs. New Mexico is the first state to use this lesson for our youth prior to them getting out into the workplace. Education in all 50 states is our new goal. Please help us get the word out and let's ensure our kids have the information they need to survive the worst man made disaster in history.
Asbestos Survival Training:
- Here is a video that will help you understand this hazard in homes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjMsV4VsJew&feature=related
- List of asbestos products http://www.mesotheliomacenter.org/about/asbestos-materials.php
- Managing My Asbestos: http://www.hse.gov.uk/asbestos/managing/index.htm
- New Vidoe on Libbly Montana Vermuculite: http://www.ertvideo.org/content/libby-sister-sites
- Asbestos: Still legal and in use -- Reuters Investigates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZm7u6z6tLI
- The Daily Show: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-may-12-2011/ored-to-death
If you are looking for training to comply with EPA and OSHA requirements, I strongly recommend D.C. Environmental (505) 869-8000. David Charlesworth, CIH owner/operator... I've been dealing with this asbestos issue since 2000 and David is by far the most knowledgeable consultant I know. Let them know I sent you...
To get a current list of qualified contractor please call the New Mexico Air Quality Bureau Asbestos Hotline at 1-800-224-7009, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact your states Environment Department for a list of qualified contractors befor you hire someone to work in your home.
Zonolite Attic Insulation Trust
We are pleased to advise you that W.R. Grace's Plan of Reorganization became final on February 3, 2014. Consequently, W.R. Grace has now funded the Zonolite Attic Insulation Trust from which eligible ZAI claimants will be reimbursed. This webpage contains all the information you need to submit a claim for reimbursement. http://www.zonoliteatticinsulation.com
* Implement "Living With Asbestos" lesson plan for current & future generation on asbestos and how to manage it
* Provide information about the hazard (Asbestos In Our Homes)
* Provide a list of materials that typically contain asbestos
* Provide a list of do's and dont's for handling asbestos materials
* Conduct educational outreach through all media outlets
Asbestos is a reality that we live with and how we deal with it will determine whether it will continue to cause deaths in the future. There is no known safe level of exposure but we do know how to avoid exposure. Regulations do not apply to you and me as homeowners but because of regulations in the work place, we know how to handle asbestos safely. Using certified contractors trained to work with asbestos we can continue to do those projects and repairs that are necessary to maintain a home safely. The question then becomes; how am I going to pay for this? In most cases, the asbestos will not have to be disturbed. The best thing to do is leave it and work around or over it by encapsulation. If you're thinking, it's too late, I've been exposed, I would like you to consider those around you. That is why I am doing all of this. The little ones will have to live with this hazard as well. So, what do we do? Refer back to the first objective and let's do this because it needs to be done.
- Your help is needed to support this effort. Please give to this charity and let's prevent cancer so we wont have to treat it down the road...
Sugested link to support a ban on asbestos:
Help us ban asbestos in America by signing our petition @ http://lnkd.in/bbNCb5K
http://www.asbestosdiseaseawareness.org- The Asbestos Disease Awareness Oganization is working on banning asbestos here in America as well as around the world. We support their efforts!