Thank you for volunteering to be a leader in our Pack!!! Obviously, we can’t have a Pack without you, so if there is anything that should be added to this page to make your life easier, please send an email. As you might expect, there are certain administrative requirements for new Cub Scout leaders. The information below steps you through the various clearances and training that are required either by the Scouts, or by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
- Fast Start Training is required by the Boy Scouts of America and is an online video that will give you an idea of the responsibilities associated with the position you have taken in our Pack. Obviously, all Packs operate a little differently than what is in the video, but this’ll get you started!
- Youth Protection Training is required of all Cub Scout leaders by the Boy Scouts of America.
- Adult Leader Blue & White Registration Form gets you registered with the Boy Scouts of America as a Leader. The $10 fee is paid by the Pack.
- Safe Environment Training is required by the Archdiocese. Click on the Registration link, and you’ll be able to view a list of available sessions and register. You may also call 215-587-2466. There will be a session in the St. Andrews Olde Church basement at 7pm on Monday Oct 23rd.
- Criminal Background Check is required by the Archdiocese. It can be completed in 5 minutes online, but requires you to pay a $10 fee. Give a copy of the resulting clearance that will appear on your screen to the Parish office.
- Child Abuse Background Check is required by the Archdiocese. It must be completed AFTER completing the Criminal Background Check, since the form you print out from that step must be submitted with the form you’ll get through this link! You’ll receive your clearance in a few weeks. Please give a copy to the Parish office