SIPRA ("Simple Image Processing and Reduction Aplication") is an Image Processing Application I am developing for Processing Astrophotographs.
My goal is to significantly simplify the task of building images from multiple data sets,
as in LRGB imaging (see my "How It's Done" tutorial)
The software is still in the development stage, but current features include:
- Raw images are displayed as "Thumbnails", bad ones can be easily deleted prior to Alignment and Stacking;
- Large numbers of Raw Images can be Aligned and then Averaged, dramatically reducing random noise in the image (The
Alignment Process is fully automatic, including guide star selection);
- Separate Datasets are shown as "Groups" on left side of screen, Monochrome Images
are under the "L" Icon, Images through a Red filter are shown under "R", etc.;
- Suport for Automated Combining of Images taken through Color Filters to generate Full Color
- Full Support Darkframe Calibration, Median Noise Reduction, etc.
SIPRA was developed using the Microsoft .Net Framework and the C# Programming Language. I am still in the development process but I would be
interested in making a Free "Beta" download availible sometime later
this Fall, (watch this space!)