Quakerly Buddhist blogs
These squibs first appeared on New City of Friends blog
site. The blog postings are arranged by topics
and also chronologically.
Please note that most of these writings are encoded in Unicode, which
you will be able to read properly if you set View Character
Encoding to UTF-8.
If you are interested in a
particular topic, please use the search facility below.
- 2007-07-14 Ending the war on terrorism
- 2007-07-19 The right of people to bear arms
- 2007-07-20 Did Jesus defend our right to bear arms?
- 2007-07-24 The karma of a nation: “This land is your land”
- 2007-07-25 Regulation yes, prohibition no
- 2007-08-11 America's report card (using Walt Whitman's criteria)
- 2007-08-19 Is nuclear energy a solution to global warming?
- 2007-08-26 America's need for light
- 2007-08-27 Is America ready for Democracy?
- 2007-09-07 A grandson of Confucius assesses America
- 2007-09-28 Where have all our manners gone?
- 2007-10-24 Indulging ourselves to death
- 2007-10-29 The danger of misidentified dangers
- 2007-11-23 Pausing to give thanks
- 2007-12-30 A moment of silence! Now what?
- 2008-01-07 A Chinese totalitarian assesses America
- 2008-01-24 Left, right, middle or none of the above?
- 2008-01-27 To send our passions on God's errands
- 2008-02-16 Trying everything but the obvious
- 2008-02-19 Does ignorance matter? Who knows?
- 2008-02-25 Time for a non-military America
- 2008-02-26 Your tax
dollars at work
- 2008-03-16 Will the real fascists please stand up?
- 2008-03-23 America's support of Tibet: Too little to late
- 2008-04-01 Why are so many Americans in prison?
- 2008-04-20 “All punishment is mischief”
- 2008-05-10 Twelve million reasons to change the law
- 2008-05-21 Thy saving health among all nations
- 2008-06-01 The Comrade and the Friend
- 2008-06-04 The Teachers and the Hippies
- 2008-06-16 The Winter of my Deep Content
- 2008-07-08 Struggling with the Bible
- 2008-07-23 Winning the Buddhist Quaker Vote
- 2008-07-28 Coming to terms with Biblical brutality
- 2008-08-06 Memories of Hiroshima
- 2008-08-10 Why our electoral process breeds presidential monstrosities
- 2008-08-18 Learning from Granddaddy
- 2008-08-22 John Adams versus the Quakers
- 2008-08-26 Praying for everyone's troops
- 2008-09-05 Why no one can deliver the change they promise
- 2008-09-14 On being truly pro-life
- 2008-09-22 In praise of melancholy
- 2008-09-25 How to be a Quakerly Buddhist (maybe)
- 2008-10-03 America's debt to her military
- 2008-10-14 Meeting for worship for business
- 2008-10-26 Clearness process
- 2008-11-04 Preparing America for Democracy
- 2008-11-05 Thanksgiving Day 1963
- 2008-11-08 It tolls for thee (Meditation on Revelation to John 18:1419)
- 2008-11-15 As civilization winds down
- 2008-11-23 The bright side of economic collapse
- 2008-11-26 Thanksgiving 2008
- 2008-12-11 Have a subversive
- 2008-12-23 Friendship without frontiers
- 2008-12-29 Confession of an
indifferent sports observer
- 2009-01-12 Mr Socrates, meet Mr Buddha and
- 2009-01-19 Wake up and
- 2009-02-03 Telling
stories about telling stories
- 2009-02-09 Remembering to make sense
- 2009-02-12 Provoked by Mozi
- 2009-02-21 Justice by disaster
- 2009-03-10 Shedding
- 2009-03-21 What on earth is
- 2009-03-31 Is Buddhism obsolete?
- 2009-04-20 What a waist!
- 2009-05-06 Laws in a land of outlaws
- 2009-05-25 Lest we forget
- 2009-06-20 The spiritual side of health care
- 2009-07-21 On owning a hole in the ground
- 2009-07-29 Medical prostitution
- 2009-08-14 America's love affair with ignorance
- 2009-08-16 Why do Americans fear government?
- 2009-08-21 Who deserves to suffer?
- 2009-09-13 Whence the mediocrity?
- 2009-10-09 Peregrinations
- 2009-11-03 The world as seen from Europe
- 2009-12-06 The war of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- 2009-12-18 America's drug lords
- 2010-01-16 The empire strikes fat
- 2010-02-07 Anyone for a nice cup of tea?
- 2010-03-18 Taxing my patience