The Fisher bridge which spans Five Rivers was built in 1919 for a cost of $2,500. The structure is a Howe truss type 72 feet in length. It is named after the fur bearing animal called a fisher (a member of the weasel family). The bridge was slated for demolition in the 1970's, but the members of the Fisher community rallied to save it. Today the bridge is open to foot traffic only.
Take highway 34 west from Philomath. Continue 20 miles past Alsea to Five River-Fisher Road (FS 141). Turn south where it forks with Siletz Road and continue left past Buck Creek Road.