This 91 ft. span is one of the oldest of Oregonís covered bridges. It was originally erected in 1918 and rebuilt in 1945. A Howe truss supports the structure which is the last remaing roofed crossing on the Alsea River (Al-se-ya was the name of the indian tribe whose village was located at the mouth of this river).
Follow highway 34 out of Philomath for about 18 miles. Turn left on Hayden road and follow it for a short distance to the bridge.