This bridge was named for David Mosby, an 1853 Oregon Trail pioneer who settled in this area east of Cottage Grove. It is Lane County's oldest covered bridge, built in 1920. The span employs a modified Howe Truss with spliced chords and steel rod cross braces on the upper chords. It is 90 ft. long, covered with a metal roof and traverses Mosby Creek. In 1996, foul weather took its toll on the bridge causing extensive damage.
The bridge is located one mile from Currin Bridge on Layng road.