This bridge takes its name from James and Salina Parvin who homesteaded in this area in the 1850's. Replacing an earlier 66 ft. span, the current 75 ft. bridge was built by George W. Breeding in 1921 at a cost of $3,617. The price included the Howe Truss bridge plus eastern and western approaches.
Parvin Bridge served until the mid 1970's when a road realignment bypassed the structure. It was closed to traffic at that time, but remained opened to pedestrians. In the 1980's a decision was made to refurbish the old bridge and reopen it to traffic. On November 17, 1986 a dedication ceremony was held and in attendance were two descendants of the Parvin family, the granddaughters of James and Salina. A few days after the ceremony the bridge once again was open to vehicular traffic with a 10 ton load limit.
Take highway 58 for 12 miles from Interstate 5, turn right and proceed south on Lost Creek Road. At the railroad bridge turn right on Parvin Road and follow this to the bridge.