Techical Articles About Guns & Shooting
- Dave Has an "ATF Day"
- The Ideal Infantry Rifle
- The Colt Dragoon Percussion Revolver
- Some Brief Observations on the Performance of South African 5.56x45mm Ammunition
- Shooting the US Army Trainfire Course
- Some Tips on Cleaning and Lubricating Firearms
- Firearms Safety Rules
- ... And if you've ever doubted why you should teach your kids about gun safety, read this excerpt from an article by David Kopel. (Cross-post)
- A Glossary of Firearms Terminology. A comprehensive online shooter's dictionary. Suggestions for glossary entries are welcome! (Revised 9/14/99.)
- Recommended reading for shooters.
- Book Review: Brown on Resolution, by C.S. Forester, with a focus on how this book will interest shooters.
- An Outline History of Colt Percussion Revolvers A look at these important 19th Century weapons.
- Selecting, Shooting, & Caring For Cap & Ball Revolvers.
- A D.I.Y. Black Powder Solvent
- One Man's Opinion On the Concealed Carry Handgun How to select a handgun for CCW. By Ronald S. Markowitz.
- Articles About Scout Rifles by Paul Nixon:
- One (Cheap) Guy's Search for a Scout Paul's novel idea for making an affordable scout rifle from an Indian Lee-Enfield.
- Another (Near) Scout Paul's second home-built scout, this time on a Swedish Mauser.
- The Formula For Ed's Red C.E. "Ed" Harris' recipe for bore cleaner. This really works and it's cheaper than commercial cleaners!
- Selecting a Home Defense Gun (Revised 10/25/1998.)
- My Impressions of the Exhibit Hall at the 1998 NRA Annual Convention
- The Finnish M1891 Mosin-Nagant Rifle
- The RWS Model 34BC Magnum Air Rifle
- The Benjamin-Sheridan HB17 Air Pistol
- The Kel-Tec P-11 9mm Pistol By Ronald S. Markowitz.
Some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and Answers
- I cleaned my gun well after I went shooting, but there's still copper fouling in the bore. Is this a problem?
- What is epoxy bedding, and can powder solvent damage it when I'm cleaning my rifle?
- Is it safe to dry-fire my gun?
- Why didn't Colt percussion revolvers have top straps?
Dave Markowitz's Home Page | Shooting Tech | RKBA
Send me email | Copyright 1998-2007 David S. Markowitz