Love AKC Havanese
Pet Sales Contract and Agreement
This contract is between ____________________, hereinafter referred to as the SELLERS,
_________________________ , hereinafter referred to as the BUYER(s).
Buyer's Address: _______________________________________________________
Phone:_________________________ Email: __________________________________
Puppies Name:_______________________ Color or Description of Puppy__________________
AKC Litter Number # _______________________
Sire: AKC# ________________________ Dam: AKC# ___________________________
Price Agreed Upon: ____________________
Deposit Paid:_____________ Date & Method______________________
Balance Paid:_____________ Date & Method_______________________
Buyer's Veterinarian Name: _______________________________________
1. The Buyer must have the puppy/dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within three (3) business days of its arrival.
2. Per our advertisment, Puppy will be sold as a “Pet” only. The puppy will be fixed or nuetered recommended at 6 months or as otherwise advised by a Vet. Puppy can not be bred and, therefore, will be sold as a Pet only with Limited AKC registration.
3. The Seller must be informed immediately of the examination’s results by e-mail (attached scanned document), or by postal mail. The failure of this will result in the cancellation of the guarantee.
4. If the examination indicates that at the time of sale, such animal was unfit for purchase due to illness, disease, or congenital disorder, you may return the pet to us for an exchange of equivalent value.
5. The Seller guarantees the puppy against fatal viruses for 72 hours following receipt by the Buyer or Buyer's Agent. These include Distemper, Parvo, and Corona. It does NOT include Coccidia and Kennel Cough which are common in pups that are shipped and usually caused by bacteria. Kennel Cough is self limiting and like the common cold, it must run its course. Kennel Cough on it's own isn't life threatening. Full recovery is expected.
6. This puppy is guaranteed for one year against fatal and life altering congenital and genetic disease which adversely affects the health of the animal. This includes: Severe Hip Dysplasia – which hampers a dog’s movement and natural gait and requires surgery to correct, kidney, heart, pancreas, spine, and liver problems of a severe life threatening or altering nature. If the dog dies, the Buyer will have it autopsied to ascertain reason. For any such diagnosis, then a second Vet diagnosis is required by a impartial Vet from a different office from the original Vet. If the conditions in these contract have been met, and the puppy has a genetic or congenital diagnosis, the Seller will replace the puppy or cover medical costs matching dollar to dollar paid by Buyer, up to a $1,000 in medical costs. Medical costs will be reimbursed once copies of all medical documentation is submitted to us.
7. The Seller must be notified of the problem within two (2) business days of the licensed veterinarian’s determination and have two (2) reports from two (2) different veterinarians stating the same problem. Seller will then provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value. Purchaser is not responsible for the transportation cost of the replacement puppy.
8. In the case of severe elbow or hip dysplasia, the radiograph should be permanently identified in the film emulsion with registered name and/or number, name of the veterinarian or hospital making the film, and date of radiograph taken. Furthermore, the radiograph and report must meet OFA’s standard submission requirements.
9. The Seller will not be responsible for veterinarian fees or costs. The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means trips to the veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments.
10. The Buyer will keep the puppy current on all veterinarian care including shots, dewormings and heart worm treatment. Buyer agrees to feed the puppy with premium dog food and not allow the puppy to become obese. Seller advises that it is a good idea to keep the new puppy separate from other dogs in and out of the house until the veterinarian has given it a clean bill of health. Keep medical records for proof.
11. This contract is valid only for the original Buyer and puppy, and it is not transferable. Registration papers for all registered puppies will be sent to Buyer by regular mail or in person. If papers are lost, Buyer is responsible for the cost of obtaining new papers. However, we will assist you by providing a copy of these papers.
By signing below, I the buyer, hereby acknowledge that I have received a copy of this document. Further, I accept the terms and conditions of the guarantee for congenital or hereditary disorders printed in this document, and I waive and relinquish any other rights that I might otherwise have in the event of such occurrence. The Buyer acknowledges that he or she has read, understands and agrees to the terms of this document.
Buyer's Signature:_________________________________ Date:____________________________________
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++End of Puppy Contract++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++