Love AKC Havanese
Pet Health Guarantee
Pup's Description: Name – Male/Female – Color and Markings
Date Litter Born:
Seller’s Puppy Name:
New Buyer’s Puppy Name: xxxxxx TEMPLATE ONLY xxxxxx
AKC Litter #
Dam AKC #____________ - Serafina
Sire # __________________
AKC Puppy Registration? Submit information for AKC to send form to Buyer? Y/ N
1. The Buyer must have the puppy/dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within three (3) business days of its arrival.
2. The Seller must be informed immediately of the examination’s results by sending a copy or scanned picture by email and notification by phone.
3. If the examination indicates that at the time of sale, such animal was unfit for purchase due to illness, disease, or congenital disorder, you may return the pet to us for an exchange of equivalent value from this litter or a future litter.
4. The Seller guarantees the puppy against fatal viruses for 72 hours following receipt by the Buyer. These include Distemper, Parvo, and Corona. It does NOT include Coccidia and Kennel Cough which are common in pups that are shipped and usually caused by bacteria. Kennel Cough is self-limiting and like the common cold, it must run its course. Full recovery is expected and Kennel Cough on its own is not life threatening.
5. This puppy is guaranteed for 1st year of life against fatal and life altering congenital and genetic diseases as follows: Severe Hip Dysplasia – which hampers a dog’s movement and natural gait and requires surgery to correct, kidney, heart, pancreas, spine, and liver problems of a severe life (Page1)
threatening or altering nature. The Seller must be notified of the problem within two (2) business days of the licensed veterinarian’s determination and have two (2) reports from two (2) different veterinarians stating the same problem. If the reason is genetic or congenital, the Seller will offer a replacement from next litter and no other compensation will be provided. Transportation and other costs associated with acceptance of the new puppy will be the responsibility of the buyer.
6. In the case of severe elbow or hip dysplasia, the radiograph should be permanently identified in the film emulsion with registered name and/or number, name of the veterinarian or hospital making the film, and date of radiograph taken. Furthermore, the radiograph and report must meet OFA’s standard submission requirements.
7. The Seller will not be responsible for the veterinarian fees or costs. The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means trips to the veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments.
8. The Buyer will keep the puppy current on all veterinarian care including shots, de-wormings and heart worm treatment. Buyer must provide medical records for proof. Buyer agrees to feed the puppy good quality dog food and not allow the puppy to become obese. Seller advises that it is a good idea to keep the new puppy separate from other dogs in and out of the house until the veterinarian has given it a clean bill of health.
9. The puppy is sold as a Pet with AKC Limited registration eligibility. This does not provide breeding rights and the puppy must be spayed or neutered at the buyer's expense. This medical procedure is normally performed around the time the puppy turns 6 months of age, unless otherwise recommended in writing by a Veterinarian. Buyer should retain a copy of this medical procedure invoice to show it’s performed and supply a copy to us if we request.
10. I will provide the AKC litter certificate to the buyer. If the buyer requests that the AKC puppy application be registered then payment is made directly to AKC. I take no responsibility for lost papers but I will assist you in contacting AKC in an attempt to get a copy if necessary.
11. This contract is valid only for the original Buyer and puppy, and it is not transferable. We must be notified in the event that the puppy is transferred to another owner. If you should no longer be able to care for your puppy, then we may be able to assist in finding the puppy a good home without compensation. In such an event, please contact me with the details.
12. By signing the document, both buyer and seller agree to the terms as specified in this guarantee. Failure by Buyer to abide by any of the terms will void this guarantee. Seller does not agree to pay any legal fees or offer any other guarantees either implied or provided.
xxxxxxx TEMPLATE ONLY xxxxxxxx
(For Information purposes Only - I reserve the right to change the terms at anytime. Actual copy will be provided to Buyer at the time of purchase for review and signature. )
Sellers (Signatures): ______________ ________________ Date: _______________
Buyers (Signatures):_______________ ________________ Date: _______________
(END - Page 2)