screen names = Tethered / TetheredLeathered / PLM / Portland Leather Men / Gary M Klein / Gary Klein
Copyright protected by Gary M. Klein 2009-2011
Welcome to GARY M. KLEIN's description of PORTLAND LEATHER MEN
The next scheduled Portland Leather Men's potluck dinner is
Second Saturday of Each Month
The next time that Portland Leather Men is scheduled to meet is
Saturday, September 10, 2011, at the home of Gary & Mack in Salem
Since there are various places named PORTLAND in the world, we want to make sure that we are
thinking about the same area of the globe.
This particular Portland is located inside the State of Oregon, inside the Pacific Northwest region
of the United States of America.
It is used in the broad context of the Willamette/Columbia valley
and specifically includes the metropolitan area around Portland, Salem and Vancouver.
Portland Leather Men (PLM) is a social organization whose only event for more than 20 years, is a monthly potluck dinner.
- PLM's monthly potluck dinners are held on the Second Saturday of each month, starting at 7pm,
rotating at members' homes.
- Each month, the host provides seating, utensils, plates, serving space, and basic non-alcoholic beverages. PLM
members bring the foods.
- It is suggested that you bring sufficient food to serve at least 8 adult portions.
- These dinners are held in true potluck format, without pre-assigning any food categories.
- For the duration of each dinner, there is no smoking permitted inside the member's home.
- A brief segment is set aside during each month's dinner for community announcements.
- Despite the organization's name, there is no dress code required when attending a PLM dinner. You are just as
welcome to wear your leathers, as you are to wear rubber, neoprene, uniforms, denim, or other fetish wear. And you are
perfectly welcome when wearing ordinary street clothes.
- The goal of each Portland Leather Men's dinner is a sociable & social get together.
- This is not a sexual event. There is no sexual activity taking place at PLM dinners.
- If you are looking for something more, "you are always welcome to arrange for dessert, on your own time".
- Invitations to attend PLM's potluck dinners are extended to men, who are at least 18 years old.
- No one who attends is asked to prove their sexuality. Attendees ought to be comfortable being in the presence
of homosexual men who may be wearing interesting items, or who are engaging in adult conversations.
- PLM does not have any charter nor bylaws; No officers; No membership meetings.
Portland Leather Men has been operating for over 20 years on a totally informal basis.
- PLM used to charge a membership fee to sustain the cost of mailing out a monthly newsletter. With the
growing number of members who prefer using Email, PLM has abandoned its printed newsletter. Instead, PLM sends
out a monthly email, with the newsletter composed as an attached PDF file. The electronic newsletter is usually sent
out near the end of each month. Each monthly e-newsletter includes the time, date, address and the name of who will
be hosting the next PLM dinner, as well as some community announcements, and a calendar of upcoming events.
- If you would like to receive PLM's monthly electronic newsletters, you will have to request it
via email, and
answer a few questions:
- Your complete legal name.
- Your mailing address.
- Your phone number.
- The email address that you want the PLM newsletters sent to.
- A statement that you are of legal age, over 18, and that you consent to receiving email from Portland Leather Men
that might contain sexual or erotic content.
- A brief mention of how you heard about Portland Leather Men.
- Portland Leather Men has not ever, and will not ever sell or publish the contents of its PLM subscription list.
Gary M Klein
Salem, Oregon 97303 USA
or you can ask Gary for his home phone number
Last modified August 25, 2011
Copyright protected 2009-2011 by Gary