- Country Roads, Madison County's Heritage: A Resource for the
- Madison County Planning Board: Wampsville, NY (July
- Country Roads Revisited, The Cultural Imprint of Madison
- Giambastiani, B. J. ed. Oneida, NY:
Madison County Historical Society: (1984).
- Pioneers of Madison County
- Miss Isabel Bracy, Madison County historian, transcribed the William
H. Tuttle notebooks found in the Madison County Courthouse basement.
Mr. Tuttle served as Town Historian, Madison County Historian and
Supervisor of the Town of Lincoln. His notebooks became known as the
Collection of 10,000 names. Interlaken, NY: Heart of the Lakes
Publishing (1984). Hope
- Abstracts From Madison County New York Newspapers in the Cazenovia Public
- From the Cazenovia Pilot, from 1808-c1850 and The
DeRuyter Gleaner of the 1880s covering the area of Madison, Oneida, Chenango and Onondaga Counties.
Includes map of Madison County, Geographical Locator Guide, and index.
Meyer, Mary Keysor, ed. Westminster, MD:
Books ( 2002).
- Deaths - Births - Marriages From Newspapers Published in Hamilton,
- County, NY 1818 - 1886, 2nd ed., Scott, Joyce C. and Mary
Meyer. Mt. Airy, MD:
- CEMETERY INSCRIPTIONS OF MADISON COUNTY, NEW YORK, Volume 1
1958, Mrs. Joyce Scott joined with Mary K. Meyer to track down cemetery
records that had been "scattered to the four winds." The
first and only volume of this undertaking was published in 1961. A
facsimile copy is available from Willow Bend Books. All cemeteries in towns of Fenner and Nelson located at that time (28),
a number of which are now totally destroyed. Meyer, Mary K. and Joyce C.
Scott. Westminster, MD: Willow Bend
- A DIRECTORY OF
CAYUGA COUNTY RESIDENTS WHO SUPPORTED PUBLICATION OF THE HISTORY OF CAYUGA
COUNTY, NEW YORK
Lists some 2400 individuals with varying amounts of information--from
name only to date and place of birth, names of wife/husband/children,
occupation, date of location in county.
Mary K. Meyer. Willow Bend
Books: Westminster, MD (1879),
- Genealogy and History of the Ingalls Family in
Giving the Descendants of Edmund Ingalls who Settled at Lynn, Mass. in
- Burleigh, M.D., Charles. Malden, Mass.: Geo. E. Dunbar
(1903). Reprinted by Higginson
INDEXES TO COUNTY
RECORDS, MADISON COUNTY, NEW YORK 1815 - 1939: as published in Tree Talks
- 13,311 entries.- Kelly, Arthur C. M. Willow Bend
Books: Westminster, MD (2002).
- Oneida Community - An Autobiography, 1851-1876.
- The granddaughter of Humphrey Noyes, and with both her parents belonging to the Oneida Community
generation called Stirpicults, Mrs. Roberts has lived most of
her life in the Oneida area and has known personally many of the members of the
old group. Robertson, Constance Noyes. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press
All rights reserved