- 1840 Census of Pensioners, Revolutionary and Military Services
- Searchable database including county of pensioners at USGenNet.org
- A Bit of the Past - Madison County, New York
- Madison County resources including maps, bios, obits, links, resources, historical information. Webmaster: Mike Hollingsworth (1944-2003). Mike's site has been captured by Tim Stowell at Madison County GenWeb and the original is also archived at Wayback through the url: http://www.borg.com/~mcholli/
- Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Extensive collection of e-resources for browsing.
- American Civil War - Extensive listing of all Civil War resources.
- American Memory online collections
- 7 million digital items from over 100 historical collections
- Archival Copy of "Doug's Home Page"
- Part of Douglas J. Ingalls' web site is archived at Wayback through the original url: www.dreamscape.com/ingallsd. Doug's cemetery census collection is online at A Bit of the Past.
- Barrel of Genealogy Links contains over 400 links to genealogy resources.
- Beginner's Kit for Family History
- Indian River County Main Library, Vero Beach, Florida History and Genealogy Department.
- The Betsinger Bunch
- Betsinger families from central New York State includes extensive census data.
- Buyea/Boyer Family Genealogy
- Buyea/Boyer Family Genealogist Robin Lee Boyer is researching many familiar Madison County families.
- Book of Remembrance -- Madison County men and women who served in World War II.
- Canastota History Pages
- 17,000 Obituary Listings from Canastota newspapers (link disabled
3/22/2004 - these pages are currently under reconstruction and will
- Cazenovia, Fenner and Nelson History Pages by Dan Weiskotten
- Cazenovia, Fenner and Nelson History Pages by former Cazenovia Town Historian Dan Weiskotten with extensive collection of thoroughly researched cemetery and other records.
Cemeteries and Memorial Sites of Politicians in Madison County
Cemetery Censuses on Line - Mid-York Library System
- Use "cemeteries" as your search word.
- Census Online - Links To Online Census Records. Census questions.
- Central New York Genealogical Society
- Abstracts of historical and genealogical interest.
New York NYGenWeb
- Cornell University's Making of America (MOA)
- Digital collection of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. Includes searchable 1868-9 Madison County Directory and extensive Civil War Collection.
- Death Indexes Online
- Listing of searchable online databases of death records by state.
- Family Stories from Madison County
- Charles E. Page reminisces about growing up the the 1920's and 1930's in Madison County.
- Genealogy on Demand
- Inspiring and helpful podcast featuring family history research and family reunion topics.
Helm's Genealogy Toolbox
- Genealogy SiteFinder with links to over 45,000 sites as well as profiles of software and books.
- Historic CNY
- Quarterly historical magazine written by local history buffs covering the area south to Binghamton, north to Oswego, west to Seneca Falls, east to Utica, and Syracuse.
- Idaho Library and State Archives
- Index of Civil War Veterans in Idaho; Mothers Pension Index.
- Ironside Funeral Home, Oneida, NY
- Obituaries from Oneida, NY
- Interment.net Cemetery Transcription Library
- Interment.net publishes cemetery transcriptions. Detailed instructions on "How to Record a Cemetery."
- Madison County Historical Society
- Extensive Madison County record collection including marriage and death notices abstracted from the MCHS newspaper collection from 1854-1931; microfilm records of NYS census for 1855, 1865, 1875, 1892, 1905, 1915, and 1925; and the Federal census for Madison Co. from 1810 through 1920.
- Madison County (NY) newspapers on microfilm
- Madison County NYGenWeb Archives
- Cooperative effort of volunteers to transcribe public domain records as a service to the Internet genealogical community. Hosted by David Samuelson.
- Madison County, NewYorkGenWeb Project
- Part of the NewYorkGenWeb Project, the USGenWebProject and the WorldGenWeb. Hosted by Tim Stowell.
Madison County, New York Mailing List
- Madison County NY Message Archives - browse the archives.
- Madison County NY Message Archives -search the archives.
- Madison County (N.Y.) newspapers at the New York State Library
- Madison County New York
Will & Intestate Records - 1867-1882
- Map Collection of the University of Texas at Austin
- 5,000 online maps from UT's collection of 250,000 maps. Also, see the Historical Atlas.
- Masonic Records - Index of Masonic Lodges
- Maryland State Archives - 1898-1944 Death Index and other vital records online.
- Morrisville College (SUNY) Library Civil War Soldiers
- Morrisville College (SUNY) Library Listing.
- New York Census Links
- Census records online in New York.
- New York Genealogical & Biographical Society
- New York History Genealogy
- A central point of entry to independent not-for-profit web sites with NYS historical or genealogical content.
- New York State Library - Local History and Genealogy Section
- Extensive collection of research material.
- NYS Vital Records
- The Vital Records Section of the New York State Department of Health files of certificates for births, deaths and marriages that occurred in New York State outside of New York City since 1881, and divorce records for all of NYS since 1963.
- Obituary Depot
- Large collection of submitted death notices and obituary citations.
- Occupations - Archaic
- Oklahoma State Archives
- Oklahoma Confederate 1915-1933 pension records; 1889-1908 Land Office Homestead Registers.
- Oneida Ltd., Oneida, New York. Conversion to wartime manufacturing.
- Oneida Ltd., Oneida, New York. Conversion to wartime manufacturing. American Memory, Library of Congress Gallery of photographs.
- Orphan Trains
- The migration of approximately 300,000 orphan children from 1853-1929 from the large cities to rural areas in New York as well as other states, including the Midwest.
- Pennsylvania State Archives
- 600,000 military records from Militia Officers, Revolutionary War, Civil
War, Spanish-American War, Mexican Border War, World War I.
- Revolutionary War Index to Loyalist Muster Rolls
- Those who remained loyal to the Crown during War of Independence.
- Sampubco - Will Index for New York State.
- Madison County, NY Will Testator Indexes. Madison County Wills - Alphabetically or Probate Files.
- Secret Society, Fraternal organizations abbreviations, slogans, mottos, a complete list
- Listing of secret society and fraternal organizations with abbreviations, with slogans and mottos.
Ships; passenger records, more.
- Smithfield Community Association
- A not-for-profit organization formed to preserve the historic buildings and properties in the hamlet of Peterboro, in Madison County, NY.
- Underground Railroad Heritage Trail
- Ward Boys of Madison County
©1999- MadisonCountyNewYork.com All rights reserved.