Max Friedrich Ernst von Bock und Polach
(05.09.1842 - 04.03.1915)
place of birth: Trier, Rhein Provinz (Rhenish Prussia)
field marshal who was commissioned at 16 as a Leutnant in the
Infanterie-Regiment Graf Bülow von Dennewitz (6. Westfälisches) Nr.55.
He served in the Danish-Prussian War of 1864 and the Austro-Prussian
War of 1866 as the regimental adjutant. Following service as a
brigade adjutant he became the adjutant of the 13th Infantry Division
during the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-71 and following general
staff appointments and instructor posts became chief of staff of the XV.
Army Corps as an Oberstleutnant in 1884.
By 1893 General von Bock und Polach was commander of the
20th Infantry Division and in 1897 commander of the Guard Corps. From
January 1902 to September 1907 he commanded the XIV. Army Corps. He was
promoted to Generaloberst on the 18 September 1908 and to
Generalfeldmarschall on 1 January 1911. His final appointment was as
Chief Inspector of the III. Army Inspectorate at Hannover from 11
September 1907 to 13 September 1912. He died on the 4 April 1915.