This is the Morrow home which was located at the corner of Peabody and Second.  This residence belonged to William Morrow who had large wagon works companies in the West Nashville area.  Morrow was a next door neighbor to Captain  Tom Ryman.  The home was originally constructed by M.A. Parrish and may have been referred to as "Parrish's Folly" The home faced onto Peabody.  After the Morrows moved,  this building became Douglas Sanatorium operated by Dr. Richard Douglas around 1910. The property now contains a radio station and transmitting tower.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Contribute