Circa 1890's -The old Teamsters Building was originally constructed as the Kinghts of Pythias Lodge and named the Joel A. Battle Jr. Lodge. This was in the late 1890's and was named after Joel A. Battle Jr., a civil war hero, who had since become the state's treasurer. This building was later taken over in the 1950's by the Teamsters. The location was at the corner of Second Ave. South and Lindsley Ave.   Contributor - Marty Evans - Historic Nashville

 http://www.nashvillewebreview.com/automat/nashville/misc/battlelodge/battlelodge.html

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Contribute