Tobyhanna Station

Return to Tobyhanna page

In 1975 the station had been out of use for years and was boarded up and deteriorating.

The Tobyhanna station was constructed in 1908, as a combination passenger station and freight house. Passenger service ended January 4, 1970, and the station fell into disrepair. The station was restored in 1994 by the Pocono Mountain Chapter of the NRHS in association with the Pocono Mountain Railroad, a tourist line operating from the depot from 1994 to 1996. Since then, the Steamtown National Historic Site and Delaware Lackawanna Railroad have used the station for excursions from the Steamtown site in Scranton.

The photos below are the restored station in 1999:

Tobyhanna station from the west

Tobyhanna station from the east

Tobyhanna station operator's window. The train order signal mount is visible above the "Tobyhanna" sign.

Return to Tobyhanna page