Explanation of 1850 census columns
- Dwelling houses--numbered in the order of visitation.
- Families numbered in the order of visitation.
- The name of every person whose usual place of abode on
the first day of June, 1850, was in this family.
- Color: White, black, or mulatto.
- Profession, Occupation, or Trade of each Male Person,
over 15 years of age.
- Value of Real Estate owned.
- Place of Birth, naming State, Territory, or Country.
- Married within the year.
- Attended School within the year.
- Persons over 20 y'rs of age who cannot read & write.
- Whether deaf and dumb, blind, insane, idiotic, pauper, or convict.