These are 4 lug 10" vented rotors. This is a
great swap if you can find the whole rear end! It is a 8.8" rear end,
and the stock gear ratio is 3.55 for the manuals, 3.73 for the autos on
the Turbo Coupes, and 3.08 on the 93 Cobra. Keep in mind the axle is
.75" wider than the stock Mustangs, you will need to adapt the brake
lines fittings. The easiest way is to use the drum brake rear hardlines
and adapt at the caliper softlines. You need to drill the quad shock
mounting holes 2" lower on the T-bird axle for the Mustang. For E-Brake
cables, you need to purchase use the FMS cables. If you have a '93
vintage, you need to use the '93 Cobra cables. Ford made the '93 E-Brake
cables like the Sn95 units with a center mounting in the tranny tunnel.
93 Cobra E-Brake cable #F3ZZ-2A635-A.
If you cannot get the whole axle or do not want
it, get all the brake lines, calipers, bolts, rotors and axles. Then
swap this into your existing axle. Here is a parts list that you need to
do the swap from the '87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe or '93 Cobra:
- 10" 4 lug vented rotors
- rear caliper brackets
- Axles -- if you use the stock caliper brackets. They are 3/4"
wider than the stock '87-93 units.
- soft brake lines
- (2)FMS M-2809-A ebrake cables for '87-92 cars, '93 Cobra units for
'93 year cars
- (1) FMS M-2810-A center Ebrake cable
- FMS M2450-A proportioning valve solid end cap
- Adjustable proportioning valve
- new 2 port 4 wheel disc master cylinder (1" bore for stock front
calipers or 1 1/16" for the 73mm fronts)
- 3-2 port master cylinder conversion. Click
here to Order
- 2 adapter fittings to use the stock drum brake hardline with the
here to Order
The discontinued Ford M-2300-C kits uses the
same calipers and rotors from the 87-88 Turbo Coupe, but stock length
axles. SSBC and other companies have picked up this Ford kit and sell
them for about $600. If you can get the calipers and rotors, but not the
axles or axle brackets, call
North RaceCars for these brackets! These will allow you to use the
stock length rear axles with the TC rear disc parts!