The world has been around a long time, and while the history of
man has not been as long, it still can be rather overwhelming when you start
to study it. I have arranged the resources here to make it a little easier
for you to get started. In providing these resources, I am not implying
that they are the only ones available, nor am I trying to say that they
are the best. They are however, some of the better references that I have
found, and while they can provide a great deal of useful information, they
are only a sample of what is available to anyone interested in social studies.
Silk Road Page - Check out the
Smithsonian Silk Road Festival and other Silk Road sites of interest.
9th Grade US History GT Introductory
Letter and Summer Assignment
This assignment was not given to students starting in 2007. Enjoy your summer, come in refreshed, but it you want to select and start reading your historical novel, read this letter. Students will receive it when school starts in August.
Please use the buttons on left to navigate to any portion of the site.
- AP US History
- This section is provided for my Advanced Placement US History students.
It contains course information, unit assignments, unit notes, and
AP exam review material.
- AP World History
- This section is provided for my Advanced Placement World History
students. It contains course information, unit assignments, unit notes,
and AP exam review material.
- US History
- This section is provided for my United States History students.
It contains course information, assignment logs, notes, and a collection
of web-based lessons.
- US Resources
- This section is provided for both my Advanced Placement US History
students and my US History students. It contains an extensive collection
of links to a wide variety of US History resources.
- World History
- This section is provided for my Modern World History students. It contains course information, assignment logs, notes, and a collection of web-based lessons.
- World Resources
- This section is provided for both my Advanced Placement World History students and my Modern World History students. It contains an extensive collections
of links to a wide variety of World History resources.
- This is a link to my Global Classroom sites. We now have a wealth of new technologies such as wikis, blogs, forums to add to the educational experience!
- This is provided for all my students. It is a link to my podcast site. Some of the podcasts are of a general nature for all my students, and others are specific to one of the courses.
- Writing and Skills
- This section contains handy references for social studies students
wanting to perfect some of the skills necessary for success.
- General Resources
- This section contains a large collection of links on general social
studies resources for teachers and students.
- Teacher Resources
- This section contains a large collection of links on education,
social studies and WWW instruction for teachers.
- Student Gallery
- Contains student projects from the AP US History, AP World History
and the US History courses.
- Mock Trial
- This is the official home page for the Glenelg High School Mock
- Model UN
- This is the official home page for the Glenleg High School Model
United Nations Team.
- This is the official home page for the Glenelg High School Chapter of the National Honor Society
I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer January 2010. A group of my students has formed a Relay for Life team called the GHS Gladiators, and they are honoring me as a survivor. If you are interested in more information or in helping them raise funds for the American Cancer Society, you can look at their page.
Some pages require the Adobe
Acrobat Reader Plug-In.
I am not responsible within this site
over 500 individual pages for the
content found on links whose web
addresses might frequently change
ownership and intent, nor for pop-up
windows appearing on those sites with
objectionable subject matter.
This page has no commercial purpose
and is provided for the personal use of those who visit
here. To my knowledge, all graphics and pictures on this
site are public domain. If not, I apologize and will correct
Report any Broken Links
Last updated July 30, 2012
© Marcella Ruland 1998-2013, All rights reserved