A Special Visit From|
Power Surges From Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation
My 40 Meter Antenna Accident
Collins Meter Mod
DX 100B Mod
Antennas to Build
Heathkit SB 104
The reason for this mod is to slow down the
slow position on the AGC switch on the SB 104/ A.
This is an easy 10 minute mod for slowing down the Slow position setting on the AGC switch on your SB 104 or SB 104A rig. It prevents AGC pumping and increases the readability of strong and weak stations.
So here we go ....
1. First you must remove the top cover of your transceiver.
2. Next remove the "F" board which is the second plugin from the back of the radio.
3. You will need to unsolder part C535 from the board which is a 2.2 mf. tantalum cap.
We have provided a picture below of the cap to remove.
4. Please note the positive side of the cap is to be installed away from the topside of the board. Not to worry though if you install it backwards it will not damage the radio. All that will occur is the Smeter will not read out and the rx audio may be distorted like you have turned off the AGC switch.
5. Reinstall the board back in the radio and apply power. You will see the Smeter travel be greatly decreased and you will notice the the receiver speaker audio will be better balanced between strong and weak signals
Parts required for this mod .
1 - 10 mf. 35V Tantalum cap
This a picture of " F " Receiver IF/ Audio Board .