Welcome to Holiday Lanes Bowling Web Site.
Here you will find our hours, bowling and billiard prices, specials and
league information. Look around, sign-up for a league on our League page.
And fill out the form on our Specials page to recieve our FREE "Buy
Two Game Get One Free" Coupon in the mail. Then stop by, bowl with
us and make some new friends.
"I have the ability to put my game together
to make 12 good shots, but I never imagined I could keep it together for
35 out of 36." --Ron Pettyman
February 10,1996, Ron Prettyman, a 37-year-old, computer
analyst and amatuer bowler, threw a 300, 299, 300 series here at Holiday
Lanes, setting a new state record and tying a national record.
"Without a doubt it was, and probably always will be, the greatest
thing I've ever seen," said Bob Lesperance, manager of Holiday Lanes.
"We don't have a lot of perfect games at Holiday, but they aren't
as rare as they used to be. What Ron did, however, brought the thrill of
the game back for me, back to the old days."
What Prettyman did, rolling 35 out of 36 possible strikes, was equal
the exsisting American Bowling Congress three-game series record that was
set March 7, 1989, by left-hander Tom Jordan at Garden State Bowl in Union,
N.J. and raised the standard for three games by a right-handed ABC bowler.
"I didn't know what the record was," said Prettyman, who had
never bowled an 800 series before. "I knew nobody had shot a 900,
but I thought, maybe four or five people had done what I did."
Photo and article courtesy of Bowling Magazine (April/May
1996) and Len Holmquist.
HOLIDAY LANES FEATURES
- Monday to Friday daytime game special --$1.95/Game
- Senior Citizens Open Bowling Discounts --$1.65/Game
- FREE coffee during Morning and Senior Citizen Leagues
- FREE Nursery Service for league bowlers
- Jerry Stewart's Pro shop -- offers a complete line of bowling equipment
- Delaware Lottery and Power Ball agent
- Holiday Lanes Cocktail Lounge with full-service bar, wines and spirits
- Holiday Lanes Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, salads,
and fountain sodas
- Evening Parking Lot Security