How To Set up Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express by double-clicking the Outlook Express icon on your desktop
- The first time you start Outlook Express the Internet Connection Wizard will run.
Select Create a new Internet mail account and click Next to continue.
- On the Your Name screen type in your name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing e-mail messages and click Next to continue
- Type in your @comcast.net e-mail address on the Internet E-mail Address screen. lick Next to continue.
- On the E-mail Server Names screen, select POP3 from the drop down list. In the space provided below Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:, enter mail.comcast.net
Type in smtp.comcast.net as your Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: and click Next to continue
- On the Internet Mail Logon screen, type in your Comcast user name in the field titled Account name:. Your user name is everything leading up to, but not including the @comcast.net
part of your e-mail address. For example, if your e-mail address is email@example.com,
you would enter test_account as your Account name:. In the Password: field, enter in your Comcast
assigned password. If you do not wish to enter your password every time you check your e-mail, put
a check in the box labeled Remember password. Click Next to continue
- Congratulations, you have now set up Outlook Express as your e-mail program. Click Finish to egin sending and receiving e-mail