Welcome to the New Pete's Place
I'm trying to learn to make my web site with Adobe Dreamweaver. This is a big departure for me. I have always worked with a direct text editor like Notepad.exe or an HTML-augmented editor like Graf's HTMLtool. Bear with me.
Sporadically updated shot of me, so you don't forget what I look like.
- Books - Books and reading are central to everything I do
- Boating - An avid boater; back on the water after several years away.
- Wine - I enjoy wine: tasting it, learning about it, acquiring interesting wines, drinking it.
- Machining and Woodworking - I like making things.
- Computers - I've been playing with home computers since about 1978.
- Yellow - My favorite color, which is why you are seeing this on a yellow background.
- Genealogy - I've been researching my family tree.
- Good facilites for recording and researching US family at Ancestry.com/
- Super researchers for Scot ancestors at Scot Family tree
- Also getting interested in DNA genealogy at Family Tree DNA
- I've been digitizing family photographs. As of Oct 2009 I have 365 out of about 5000 photos digitized and annotated.
What I'm doing:
- We just finished building a new house.
- Switching from Windows to Mac OS
- Learning Adobe Dreamweaver©
- Getting my recently acquired (old) cottage in order.
- FaceBook - Everybody's doin' it, doin' it, doin' it.
If you decide you have to "friend" me,
send a message with the request saying that you came from my web page.
Who I am:
- My collected .sig files - in the sense that what you quote defines you.
- My Flats Pages - a part of the world I dearly love, along with a little family history, some opinion,
and a home-grown science lecture. Trying to follow all the links is as good as a puzzle.
- Some Cranky Notions - everybody has them, don't they?
- My wife: Eva (a place-holder for a web page)
- My sons:
- Mark (no page)
- Cary (no page)
- My daughter: Phyllis
- My mom: Marguerite (Meg) who got some of her memories into writing. I now host these pages on my site.
There are a few more family memoirs in her papers. I will try to find them and put them here.
- My dad: William (Bill); dad is now gone, too. Memoirs, commentary on life, 6-piece burr puzzles.
I now host these pages, as well. If I can find more writings in his papers, I will add them.
Created: Fri, Feb. 24, 1995, 1:43 PM ET
Modified: August 31, 2009 3:12 PM
By: Peter W. Meek
Net-sig: --Pete <firstname.lastname@example.org>
My home page