END-OF-SEASON DATA ENTRY
November 6, 2007
This Help page will be left open on your desktop so that you can refer to the instructions while you are using the on-line database. Minimize or reduce the page size for convenient access or, if you are using a tabbed browser, leave the page open so that you can refer to it. Alternately, click here to print this help file (3 pages).
When you are ready to enter data, click on the following
(If the link fails, then copy the underlined link and paste it into your browser. If you still experience a failure, please contact me.)
General Notes for the use of the on-line database:
1. See Help in the on-line database for an explanation of the use of color and navigation information.
2. To navigate from one field to another use the tab key or click in the field. In general the Return (Enter) key is used to clear the selected field.
3. Clicking on ‘Return’ or ‘Cancel’ returns to the previous screen; clicking on ‘Exit’ terminates the session.
4. Splash Screen - click on “Enter” to get started.
5. Login/Password Screen - click within the LoginID box, type your userid, tab to the password box, type your password, and then click on “submit”. The LoginID (userid) and password determine your privileges (guest, monitor, county administrator, or CBRP administrator) and which screens/functions will be displayed.
6. Each trail monitor and county administrator who sent results to CBRP in the previous three years has been pre-entered into the database tables and assigned a userid and password. In general userids and passwords were formed by concatenating the first letter of your first name to your last name; e.g., Dick Blaine would be assigned the userid and password: dblaine. The password should be changed ASAP to keep your personal information private. If a monitor/administrator is active in more than one county than append the first two characters of the county name to the userid and password; for example if Dick Blaine monitors trials in Santa Clara and Los Angeles counties, then the login/passwords are dblaineSA and dblaineLO respectively. If several people jointly monitor a trail than each grouping is assigned a different userid/password. Contact your county coordinator or me if you are unable to logon.
7. Trail monitors are limited to working with
the trails they monitor;
TYPE OF USER FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE TO THIS TYPE OF USER
(click on link for help)
Guest: View/print reports
Trail Monitor: Functions listed above for any trail monitored in a specific County and:
Login to select another County
Assign additional administrators for County
CBRP Administrator: Functions listed above for any monitor/trail in State
Update 11/4/2007 – changed link to on-line database to see if this resolves some problems.
Update 11/6/2007 – changed link again and added clarification