Here are a couple of shots of the new kitchen addition. We knocked out the south-side wall and added an eat-in area, 10 ft x 12 ft with cathedral ceiling and lots of windows. Next to that, unshown in the inside shots, is a small mud room. The first picture is the dining area as seen from the kitchen. Next is the side wall of the dining area showing Mom & Dad how the rug they gave us looks on the wall. Last is a shot of how the outside of the house looks.

On this addition, all we did was paint, tile the mud room floor, finish one interior door, and lay, sand, and finish the cherry floor. I learned that the final coat of poly should not go on at 11 pm in poor light! However, that was saved by carefully sanding out the major boo-boos, giving the floor a sanding with 400 grit paper, and buffing out with a heavy cut automotive buffing compound. It was as extra pain, but did result in a great semi-gloss finish (I tell people I planned it that way. Don't tell!)

The only things left to do, as seen in the picture, is paint the window sashes and add curtains. The sashes pop out and we painted them when the weather warmed up enough to leave them out all night to fully dry before we put them back in. Next up in the big project arena is kitchen cabinets! Oh, boy! But before that we have a lot of yard work to do.