#178 on Ahnentafel Chart
Possibly: Conrad Richards b. ca. 1747 Rockingham
Co., VA; d. 19 Oct 1807, s/o John Jacob Richards/Reichart and Indian maiden
wife who's name is unknown. Conrad Richards m. Catherine
Their children (possibly):
1. Conrad Richards Jr. m. 24 Dec 1801 to Naomi Bennett
2. William Richards m. 6 Sept 1797 to Margaret Mathews
3. Paul Richards
4. Eleonar Richards m. 20 Mar 1794 to Cornelius Collins
5. Catherine Ricahrds m. 17 Jan 1797 to John Runyan
6. Rosanna(h) Richards m. 12 Aug 1802 to Jacob Swisher
7. Margaret Richards m. 24 July 1804 to Jacob Bennett
8. Jacob Richards Jr. b. 1771 VA; m. 6 Jan 1790 to Sarah Ellsworth
9. Martha Richards b. ca. 1774 m. 12 May 1799 Harrison Co., (W) VA to Jesse Cain (#88 on Ahnentafel)
On Martha's marriage bond, Jacob Richards is shown as her brother.
Notes that pertain to this family:
1. In 1986 I received a letter from Dr. James F. Stephens of Laurinburg, NC who descendsd through William Richards and Margaret Matthews who contributed the above information plus following sources:
Oct 1778 - Indian Attack - a d/o Conrad's was scalped but she lived
Ref: C.M. Weaver, OH; R. Cottrill, WV; R. Pritchard, TN; C. Wagoner, WY
2. Virginia Legislative Petition
- dated May 25, 1779. "From inhabitants on the West Fork
of the Monongahelia, asking for incorporation in Monongalia County.
They live 150 miles from Staunton (County seat of Augusta County), on the
west side of the Allegheny mountains, which makes court attendance practially
Among the signers of this petition include:
John Richards - prob. the John Richards of the Rev. War Application in Misc. Richards Data.
It would be assumed that these men would have to have been of age to sign such a petition. My assumption would lead me to believe that these men are probably brothers. This region later becomes Harrison and Lewis Counties, WV.
Miscellaneous Richards Data that may help others in their research
1. From a DAR Application
- National #287473 - Lula M. Simmons - Approved 13 May 1955 - Spencer Roane
Chapter, Spencer, WV
Magdalena Richards b. Oct 7, 1768, d. 6-11-1852 Gilmer Co., VA; m. 2-10-1786 to Michael Stump III.
John Richards b. ca. 1745, d. aft. 1798; m. ca.1765 to Sara Ellisworth
Lula M. Stump (b. May 18, 1874 at Newton, Roane Co., WV) m. T. R. Simmons. Lineal descent in the following line from John Richards who was b. in VA ca. 1745 and died in Harrison Co., VA (now WV) after 1799; resided during Revolution in Monongalia Co., VA.
If this application may refer to John Richards in the Virginia Petition above which would help to place dates of births for some of these Richards men.
Ruby's Ahnentafel Duane's Ahnentafel