AREA WX

Bidwell Ranch

Bucks Lake

Butte Meadows

Carpenter Ridge

Chico
De Sabla Reservoir

Humbug Rd.

Paradise
Stirling City


RADAR

Interactive Radar

National Loop

Nor-Cal Map

Radar Loop
Radar Still

WU Radar


SATELLITES

Visible Loop
Visible Still
IR Loop
IR Still
IR North Pacific

N. Hemishere

N. America IR Loop
WV/IR Loop
Water Vapor Still

 Fog 2km Still

Precipitable Water 1

Precipitable Water 2
West Coast Color Sm.

West Coast Color Lg.

NWS Satellite Page


MAPS

CNRFC

COLA

Current Analysis

Mesonet Map

Pacific Ocean Map

U.S. Map

West Coast Map


 MODELS
Today's Forecast

12hr Front Forecast

North Pacific

Outlook Maps

Day 3-7 ECMF

GFS 10-Day Loop

24 hr. Forecast Loop

72-hr. Forecast Loop


MISC.

Butte Co. Court

Camera Trap Codger

Climate Predictions

El Nino/La Nina

Farmer's Almanac

Local Gas Prices

Earthquake Map 1

Earthquake Map 2

Fort Ord Profiler

Friends of Butte Creek

Weather Glossary

Paradise Freecycle

PG&E Outage Map

High Lakes Info.

Megan's Law Site

Nor-Cal Fishing

NWS Forecast Tools

NWS Homepage

Oroville Lake Info.

Paradise PD Crimes

P.O.A. Homepage

Road Conditions

Weather Story

Weather Wall Map


FIRE INFO.

Burn Status

Calif. Fire Map

Cal-Fire Home Page

Fire Warning Map

GACC


NEWS

Chico ER

CN&R

KHSL TV

KPAY 1290

Orange Co. Register

Oroville Mercury R.

Paradise Post

Plumas Co.

Sacramento Bee

Tahoe Tribune


WEBCAMS

Antioch

Berkeley

Bidwell Ranch

Big Sur

Bishop

Bodega Bay

Burney

Butte Canyon

Butte Meadows

Caltrans Wecams

Cambria

Catalina Island 1

Catalina Island 2

Chico

Chico

Chico (South)

Coos Bay, OR

Corning

Elko

Farallon Islands

Grand Canyon N.P.

Grapevine, CA

Grass Valley

Hat Creek

Huntington Beach

June Lake Live

Kernville

L.A. Airport

Lake Almanor

Lassen Park (north)

Lassen Park (south)

Lick Observatory

Mammoth Live

Mono Lake

Moreno Valley

Mt. Diablo

Mt. Hood

Mt. Lassen

Mt. Shasta

Mt. St. Helens

Mt. Whitney

Mt. Wilson

Napa

Nevada City

Newport Beach

Owens Lake

Palm Springs Tram

Quincy SR-70/89

Point Reyes

Portola

Sacramento

San Francisco

San Francisco Live

Sausalito

San Jose

Sequoia Park

Tahoe Cams

Tahoe Snow Stake

Tahoe, Incline Village

Teton Mountains

Weed

Westwood

Yosemite


 

 

Established 11-28-04

 

Magaliaweather.com is located in Magalia, California USA at 2600' elevation

Magalia (Dogtown) history HERE

Town of Paradise home page HERE

Ridge Emergency Preparedness Plan HERE

Local Magalia info can be heard on 1460 kHz AM radio, Paradise on 1500kHz AM

Member of CWOP, PWS, and Weatherunderground.com

Email to: magaliaweather.com@comcast.net

Equipment: Davis Vantage Vue weather station ~ Weatherview 32 v.7 software

 


 

 

 

Quick Links

 

 

Weatherunderground Links:

Magaliaweather.com HERE

Magaliaweather.com2 HERE

 

DashboardWindSatellite ImagesRoad ConditionsMobile Device

NWS DiscussionButte Co. MapDigital ForecastGFS 15-Day ModelMesonet MapLive Scanner

Extended DataAlmanacLocal WebcamsHourly DataRain & SnowGraphsReal-Time

 

 

MORNING UPDATE

Last update:

Monday, January 26, 2015 07:30 AM

 

Radar Map



Sunday was about as nice of a day in Magalia as you will find at anytime of the year. Clear and sunny skies, along with an afternoon temperature of 74°. The low Sunday morning only dropped to 55°. The ridge of high pressure shifted over Northern California and brought us the beautiful weather. Winds were generally light on Sunday, with only a 5 mph gust.

 

This morning is seeing some high clouds begin to filter into the area as an upper low pressure area off of Baja California slides northward towards Southern California. There are some radar echoes associated with the clouds over Southern California, and even a few light rain showers over far southern areas of the state, but no heavy accumulations. Most locations are reporting about 0.01" of accumulated rainfall, and are down towards the Salton Sea and Coachella Valley areas.

 

The ridge of high pressure which brought us the warm temperatures on Sunday is shifting to the east of us. This is allowing for some cooling this morning, as temperatures are running 10° to 11° cooler than the same time on Sunday morning. The low temperature so far at this location this morning has been 46°. Winds overnight have been light and variable, with a peak gust of only 3 mph.

 

Today should see a mix of clouds and sun as high clouds begin to thicken and increase as the day progresses. By tonight, skies are predicted to be mostly cloudy. This is a rare weather pattern for this time of the year as we typically don't see subtropical weather systems drift this far north. No measurable precipitation is currently predicted to fall in Magalia today and most of tonight, with a 5% chance of precipitation by late tonight into early Tuesday morning. We will likely remain dry throughout today and tonight. The snow level tonight is expected to be near 7400'.

 

The high temperature this afternoon is expected to be cooler than Sunday as the ridge of high pressure will be to our east and allow for a cooler air mass to spread over the area, and some cloud cover will block out the sun at times. The high this afternoon is predicted to reach a cozy 65°, and the low tonight about 48°. The normal temperature range for this time of the year is 52°/32°. Winds this afternoon are expected to be generally out of the southeast at 2-5 mph. Those winds will be southeasterly, and up to about 6 mph tonight.

 

Tuesday may see the high clouds lower and thicken enough to allow for some precipitation to fall in Magalia by the early morning hours. By about sunrise, the odds that we will see 0.01" or more rainfall will rise to 35%, and increase to a 45% chance by about late morning into the early afternoon. Most of the precipitation is currently predicted to remain to our south over Central California. By late afternoon, rainfall odds drop back to about 20%, and continue to decrease to a 15% chance by late Tuesday night. Temperatures should also continue to cool on Tuesday as cloud cover and a cooler air mass drops the afternoon high to only about 55°. The low Tuesday night is expected to be near 45°. Winds should be southeasterly at 7-9 mph Tuesday afternoon, becoming light and variable Tuesday night.

 

Wednesday should see a continued decreasing chance for rainfall, and a warming trend. Thursday looks to be similar to Wednesday's weather, give or take a little in temperatures. Friday may see a slight chance of a shower as an upper trough of low pressure will be over the Desert Southwest. A return to fair and mild conditions are expected for this weekend, including Super Bowl Sunday. Have a great Monday. Bob

 

 

 

Photo and Video Album

Best viewed after monitor calibration here

 


 

Images by: Bea

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                 

 

                                                    MAGALIAWEATHER.COM MESSAGE BOARD

 

                                                    Full Screen Message Board HERE


                                    

 

                                              

                                          

                                   

 

                               

                                                               Hits

tumblr
visitor