"I Have the Dino - Dunk"
SWBAT use their background knowledge
developed throughout the unit to identify the names of dinosaurs based on their
"I Have Cards"
1. What are some of the interesting facts that you learned about dinosaurs from the Internet Scavenger Hunt that you did?
2. Today we are going to use our knowledge of dinosaurs to sink some baskets!
3. Teacher will explain that pairs of students will get two "I Have" cards. The card will have the name of a dinosaur and then a description of a different dinosaur.
4. When the pair of students hear the description of the name of the dinosaur on their card, they are to yell, "I have _________!( the name of the dinosaur)"
5. Then each student in the pair can take a shot for the basket.
6. Then the pair reads the description on their card, "Who has ____________?"(the description of another written on their card)
7. The pair with the highest score wins!
Assessment is provided by follow through on the basket thrown.