SWBAT use skills of estimation to determine how many people would fit into the foot print of Apatosaurus.
1) Teacher should draw on a large piece of butcher
block paper, the shape of an Apatosaurus footprint. It should be
approximately 36 x 42 inches.
2) Have the students estimate how many students would fit inside the footprint.
3) Then have each child take his or her shoes off, trace their feet on construction paper and cut them out.
4) Have children come up to the footprint, and glue their feet inside.
5) Afterwards, count up how many feet would fit inside.
6) Get children to understand that it takes 2 feet to equal one person.
7) See how many people would fit inside.
Students will determine the total number of students required to fit in the footprint.