HudsonJet.net

Return to HudsonJet.net Homepage

History of Hudson Dealerships

The dealership section is not only dedicated to the dealerships of the Jet years, but all known Hudson dealerships.


UNITED STATES

OTHER COUNTRIES




Listing all the dealers is an enormous task. The ones you'll see on this site are just a handful of the over 7,500 dealerships during the 1909-1957 era. If the numbers are accurate, and assuming it included Essex, we see that there were some dealers dropping out each year and new ones being added.

The information comes from the publication Automotive Industries in the Annual Statistical Issue, 1926-1941. I found it in a publication that used the information: The Decline of Competition in the Automobile Industry, 1920-1940 by Harold Katz, Arno Press, NY 1977, pp.365-366.

The above reference indicates that in 1926 there were 3,842 dealers representing Hudson. The number varies each year but has the highest number ( as noted) in 1926 while 3,754 in 1927, 3,508 in 1928 and 3,488 in 1929. 1930 information is cut off and not readable. 1931 is 2,270, 1932 is 1,761, 1933 is 1,842, 1934 is 2,641. 1935 is not readable. 1936 is 3,263, 1937 is 3, 390, 1938 is 2, 436, and 1939 is 2,667.

ALABAMA

Birmingham, AL:
Birmingham Motor CoMarch 1915
Birmingham Motor Co., 2101 S. Third Ave. (corner of Third Ave S & Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd.) "The contract has been let for the erection of a garage for the Birmingham Motor Company" per Automotive Industries Vol. 28 of April 17, 1913. Located in the Automotive Historic District, records show the approximately 20,000 sq. ft. building was built circa 1914 and renovated in 2001. It now houses a Plasma Care office.

Other dealerships in Birmingham, AL:
Saunders Motor Car Co., 2021 Avenue D - Mentioned in Hudson Triangle Vol.6 No.4 - July 22, 1916

Montgomery, AL:
Reinhardt Motors, Inc., 312 catoma street. Beginning business in 1940 selling Willys-Overland, they sold Hudson from 1951-1954. Today, they operate Lexus and Toyota franchises.

Tuscumbia, AL:
Charley Morris
Morris Service Station, 121 W. 6th St. Charley Morris of Tuscumbia, Alabama has good reason to smile as he recalls his profit margin over the years thanks to his Hudson franchise. From December 1953 Hudson Dealer News, Charlie Morris has learned to appreciate the Hudson franchise because of the profit possibilities and the fine people connected with the factory, he declares. Charlie says, "The Hudson franchsie has enable me to not only contribute something to the civic and religious life of the community in a financial way, but also to give my customers the finest in transportation at a cost as low as most ordinary cars. I have found that a Hudson dealer is not just like being an ordinary dealer, because to begin with, the factory is willing to give a dealer enough territory to develop profitably, and then it offers suggestions and encouragement to do the job. My investment 19 years ago amounted to less tahn $1500 with 3,000 sq. feet of space. My investment today is about $200,000 with 36,000 sq. feet, which is about to be increased. Our yearly volume in a town of 8,000 people is now approaching a million dollars. Lastly, my Hudson franchise enable me to send my three children to college."


ALASKA

Anchorage, AK:
Wells' Garage, 5th Avenue between E and F Streets. Opened in 1930, Wells provided Anchorage residents the chance to view automobiles before purchasing. Before that, they could order cars only by catalog, sight unseen. Although the Wells Garage Company was sold in 1944 to investors that changed the name to Alaska Sales and Service, I don't know what years Hudson products were offered. Click here to read a great article on Cecil Wells. (Also seen in 12/01/35 Seattle Sunday Times newspaper ad.)

Anchorage, AK:
Modern Motors, Post Road, Anchorage, AK. Hudson and Crosley Dealer. Also advertised Body and Fender Repair, Front Wheel Alignment and Balancing, and Automobile Painting per Spring 1951 Anchorage Classified Directory.

Anchorage, AK:
Olson Motor Co., Deadmans Curve, Spenard (suburb of Anchorage), Alaska. 1953-55. Found in City of Anchorage and Vicinity Phone Book November 1955.

Juneau, AK:
McCaul Motor Co. (Per 12/01/35 Seattle Sunday Times newspaper ad.)


ARIZONA

Bisbee, AZ:
Arizona
Former Hudson dealership in Bisbee, Arizona, 74 Erie St. Now home to Arizona Thunder, a motorcycle repair shop.

Flagstaff, AZ:
College Service Station, 224 S. Sitgreaves. Listed in Oct 1948 and Nov 1949 Flagstaff Telephone Directory.

Flagstaff, AZ:
Hudson-Essex Garage 22 S San Francisco. Listed in Spring 1931 Telephone Directory for Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Williams, and Winslow.

Flagstaff, AZ:
Parson & Gaston 316 W. Santa Fe Ave. Listed in 1946 Flagstaff Telephone Directory.

Flagstaff, AZ:
Willard Battery Service Station 316 W. Santa Fe Ave. Listed as an Automobile Agency/Dealer for Hudson-Terraplane Motor Cars in Spring 1937 Telephone Directory for Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Williams, and Winslow.

Phoenix, AZ:
A.E. England
A.E. England, 424 N. Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ. The Spanish Renaissance Revival style building was constructed by locally prominent builder Clinton Campbell and had A.E. England Motors, Inc. as its first tenant. England left the auto sales business sometime in the early 1930s. The building would be occupied over the next twenty-five years by the Electrical Equipment Co., who sold items such as radios, batteries, and Kelvinator refrigerators. It has recently been renovated into a public auditorium as part of the Civic Space Park on the ASU campus.

Other dealerships in Phoenix included:
Packard Phoenix Motor Co., 401 W. Adams (Per 05/21/34 newspaper ad.)

Tucson, AZ:
Bill Edel's Motors
Bill Edel's Motors, Tucson, AZ. 950 North Stone Ave. Owned by Bill Edel, who signed on to the Hudson franchise in 1952. Went on to sell Land Rover as listed in June 1964 Desert Magazine ad. It then became Precision Motors for awhile, and then Hudson/American Motors was dropped. Click here for more pictures and history on this dealership!

Tucson, AZ:
Rollings Motor Co
Rollings Motor Co. / Rollings Dawson Motor Co., 412 to 420 North Sixth Avenue, Tucson, AZ. In business from at least 1932-1941. Click here for more pictures and history!

Yuma, AZ:
Western Brake & Wheel

ARKANSAS

Little Rock, AR:
Wayne Hudson Sales, Little Rock, AR. Owned by jack Fry. New dealer in 1953.

Stuttgart, AR:
Christy's
Christy's


CALIFORNIA

Alameda, CA:
Randall & Hill Motors
1828 Park St., Alameda, CA was a place of business for at least two Hudson dealerships. Click here to view moro photos.
Hugh B. Grenfell (Per 10/06/46 ad and 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Randall & Hill Motors (Per in 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.)

Other dealerships in Alameda included:
C.W. Hammond, 2316 Central Ave. (Per 06/16/1937 S.F. newspaper ad.)
McNeil & Son, 1205 Park St. (Per 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner.)

Alhambra, CA:
Shannon Auto Sales Co., 539 West Main Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Swinger Motors, 539 West Main Street (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

Anaheim, CA:
Barnhart's Garage, 336 S. Los Angeles St. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)
Clee Clarke Motors, 629 S. Los Angeles Street (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner and 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)
Grant W. Musick, 253 N. Los Angeles (Per 12/04/55 Examiner ad.)

Antioch, CA:
Rahlf's Hudson Showroom
Rahlf's, corner of A Street and Wilbur Avenue, Antioch, CA. Photo circa 1949. Known to be a dangerous intersection. (Also seen in 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.)

Rahlf's Hudson Showroom
Rahlf's building still stands today. There are a couple businesses in it now. There's Sam's Liquor & Grocery that faces Wilbur (2 Wilbur Ave.) and there's Antioch Auto Repair that faces A Street (901 A Street). (Also seen in 03/20/1953 newspaper ad.)

Other dealerships in Antioch, CA included:
Antioch Garage and Machine Shop

Auburn, CA:
Ford's Service Center, 1080 High St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Kitchen-Boyd Motor Co.
Kitchen-Boyd Motor Co., 2220 Chester Ave. Ad circa 06/09/37.)

Bakersfield, CA:
Brown Boyd Motor Co., 2220 Chester Avenue (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad, 02/04/34 LA Times, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Rolfe S. Lowdon, Inc., 2210 Chester Avenue (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Banning, CA:
Bryant's Garage, 1615 E. Ramsey (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Barstow, CA:
Perkins Hudson Sales & Service, West Highway 66 (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Bellflower, CA:
J.T. McGee
J.T. McGee, 554 Bellflower Blvd., Bellflower, CA. Circa 1938.

Bellflower, CA:
George J. Waldvogel, Jr., 562 Somerset Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Mickey Finn's, 17240 Lakewood Blvd. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Belvedere, CA:
Denning & Prince, 640 S. Atlantic Blvd. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad and 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad.)

Berkeley, CA:
Dave Schellenger, 2611 Shattuck Ave. (Per 06/16/1937 S.F. newspaper ad.)
H.W. McKevitt Co., Inc., 2020 Kittredge Street (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad, 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner, 10/06/46 ad, and 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Beverly Hills, CA:
Ben Wheeler, 445 N. Roxbury Drive (Per 02/09/41 ad.)
Bob Estes, 9850 Wilshire (Per 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
C.M. Petersen, 445 N. Roxbury Dr. (Per 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad.)
Thompson Motor Co., Ltd., Wilshire Blvd. at Maple (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Tingle Motor Car Co. (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Biola, CA:
A.E. Wood (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Blythe, CA:
H.D. Evans, (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Burbank, CA:
C & P Hudson Co
C & P Hudson Co., 822 S. San Fernando Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Burbank, CA:
Monroe & Frankson
Monroe & Frankson, 822 So. Fernando Blvd., Burbank, CA.

Other dealerships in Burbank included:
Barney Motor Sales, Inc., 808 N. San Fernando Blvd. (Per 12/04/55 Examiner ad.)
Story & Sons, 122 E. San Fernando Rd. Dealer was W.A. Story. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.) and then at 235 E. Angeleno (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 L.A. area newspaper ad.)

Burlingame, CA:
Burlingame
Earle C. Anthony 1021 Burlingave Ave. (Circa 1932-1935?) as a Packard and Hudson dealer and then
Denelt Motors Ltd., 1021 Burlingame Ave. (Circa 1936) This was mainly a Packard dealer with Hudson as their complement. Click here for more photo and details on this location!

Other dealerships in Burlingame, CA:
Athey Motor Co., 65 California Drive (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Wilson Motor Co., 129 California Drive (Per 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner.)

Chico, CA:
Cooks's Auto Service
Cook's Auto Service, 624 Broadway. Ad featured in Police and Peace Officers' Journal of January 1950. Also found in 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.

Clovis, CA:
L.E. Weldon and Son (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Coalinga, CA:
B.E. Loomer, 400 N. 5th St. 1930-31 (Seen in 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Compton, CA:
Nevin Motor Co. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Tony Koos, Inc., 609 N. Long Beach Blvd. (Per 12/04/55 Examiner ad.)

Corning, CA:
Jobe B. Lukens, Corning, CA. Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.

Corona, CA:
Harper & Thorpe (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Covina, CA:
Covina Hudson, 113 W. San Bernardino Rd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times, 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 Examiner ad.)

Crescent City, CA:
Bundy Auto Service & Sales
Bundy Auto Service & Sales, Sixth and "H", Crescent City, CA.

Culver City, CA:
Edd Young
Edd Young, 9037 W. Washington Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times, 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 Examiner ad.) Sold Nash from 1956-? and possibly AMC through 1967 (per Independent Press-Telegram April 30 1967).
Other dealerships in Culver City, CA included:
Cinema Motors, 9041 Washington Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Harvey Motor Company, 8956 Washington Blvd. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Ray Stipe, 9000 Washington Blvd. Dealer was Ray Stipe. (Per 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner and 04/16/39 ad.)

Delano, CA:
Brown Boyd Motor Co. (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Dinuba, CA:
S.J. Glidden (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Downey, CA:
R.H. McAllister
R.H. McAllister, 10912 Downey Avenue, Downey, CA 90241. Photo circa 1935. Exterior view of the R.H. McAllister car dealership shares a wall of this brick building with the Meralta Theatre. Building believed to be demolished in 1978.

Other dealerships in Downey included:
Mike Governale & Son (Per 03/10/35 LA Times ad and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)

East Los Angeles, CA:
Lee Evans, 475 S. Atlantic Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

El Centro, CA:
Jack Persson, Inc. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

El Monte, CA:
Valley Hudson Co., 312 E. Valley Blvd. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Escondido, CA:
Central Garage, southwest corner of Ohio Avenue and Broadway. Proprieter: Albert F. Hubbard, also Chief of the Escondido Fire Dept. The Escondido Fire Department History makes brief mention of a fire truck being parked at the "old Central Garage" in 1914, which ties into Mr. Hubbard also being Fire Cheif. Business is also listed in 1917 San Diego City & Surrounding area City Directory (which also lists a Central Garage & Machine Shop, proprietors Arthur M. Neal and Lee T. Perkett, at 1041 Columbia in San Diego, which is no relation, and believed only to be a general reapir facility, not a dealership for any make).

Eureka, CA:
Car-A-Day Hodges
Car-A-Day Hodges, 106 E. Fifth St., Eureka, CA. Known to have sold Hudson from 1940-42 as well as Willys from 1941-1942.

Eureka, CA:
L.C. Russell Motor Car Co
L.C. Russell Motor Car Co., Fifth and B Streets (Per 06/16/47 newspaper ad.), or more specifically, 106 E. Fifth St., Eureka, CA. Believed to have been open for business from 1946-1953.

Other dealerships in Eureka, CA:
F.W. Johnson, 428 "F" St.
1914 Automobile Tour Book.
Knudsen & Lundblade Co.: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916. (Also at Post Eureka?)

Exeter, CA:
Guy Steele (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Fillmore, CA:
Baker & Thompson, 510 Santa Clara Street (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Gazzaway's Garage & Machine Shop, 560 Santa Clara St. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

Fort Bragg, CA:
Carl W. Johnson, South Highway P.O. 906 (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)
Scott & Conway: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.
Fowler, CA:
Harry Stearns (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Freedom, CA:
Everett's Auto Service
Everett's Auto Service, 1906 Freedom Blvd., Freedom, CA. (Per 1953 Yellow Pages ad.)

Fresno, CA:
Glen Stater Co.
Glen Stater Co. of Fresno, Inc., 1462 Broadway at Stanislaus Ad shown in Police and Peace Officers' Journal of January 1950. Also found in 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.

Fresno, CA:
Walter S Johnson
Walter S. Johnson building as it stands today, 2005 Broadway, Fresno, CA. (Per 06/11/53 newspaper ad.)

Fresno, CA:
Ted Schmall
Ted Schmall, Fresno, CA.

Fresno, CA:
Cobb-Evans Auto Co.: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.
E.W. Johnson, 1231 "K" St., Found in Sept 7, 1912 Hudson Triangle Vol 2 No 10 and the 1914 Automobile Tour Book
T.P. Shelton, Inc., 1501 Broadway (Distributor) - (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Fullerton, CA:
A.M. Edwards, 135 W. Wilshire Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and06/23/35 LA Examiner.)
Fullerton Hudson Sales and Service, 109 E. Spadra Road (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.) and 1340 S. Spadra Road (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Garden Grove, CA:
Newbould
Newbould's Hudson, Garden Grove, CA

Other dealerships in Garden Grove included:
Long Motor Sales, 10352 Garden Grove Blvd. (Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Gilroy, CA:
Smith-KleidonFrom "The Gilroy [CA] Dispatch":
New Auto Agency To Open
Here In February

  Gilroy's newest automobile agency, a Hudson dealership will open offically in about 30 days, it was jointly announced today by Don Smith, Guy Smith and Art Kleidon, owners.
  The company will be known as Smith and Kleidon, Hudson dealers. Their place of business in in the quarters formerly occupied by Nat Heiner Farm Supply near Home Gas & Appliance Co.
  The sales agency will also feature an auto repair shop, with full equipment and mechanical help. John Wentworth, owner of the building, will pave front and rear of the building, the owner said.
  The three men are from San Jose. Kleidon was service manager at Harry King, Hudson dealer of that city for several years. The Smiths are partners in Smith Motor Parts Co. of San Jose, who specialize in rebuilt motors for all cars.
  The building is being renovated and conditioned for a grand opening sometime during the first part of February, the owners said.
Smith-Kleidon, 903 Monterey Street North, Gilroy, CA from 1953 to 1954(Also seen in 06/11/53 newspaper ad.), when it became Smith Bros. Hudson until 1955. The dealership may have morphed into a Rambler dealership and still hung on to the Hudson brand through '57, but the dealership name from the '55-'60 time frame is not yet confirmed. It was then Borman Rambler Sales from at least 1960-1961, then Davies Rambler Sales from 1961-1962, and on to Quality Rambler [as well as International] from 1963-1965. This location went on to host many other dealerships through the years.

From "The Gilroy [CA] Dispatch": Hudson Dealers Open Saturday
  Appointment of Smith-Kleidon, 903 Monterey St. North, Gilroy, as Hudson dealers was announced by N.K. VanDerzee, Hudson vice-president in charge of sales, last week.
  Messrs. Guy R. Smith and A.G. Kleidon head the new dealership, latest addition to the Hudson retail sales organization which numbers more than 1900 dealers throughout the United States.
  Smith and Kleidon have announced that a complete line of 1953 Hudson Hornets, Hudson Super Wasps and Hudson Wasps will be on display in the company's North Monterey street showroom. A modern, completely equipped service department staffed by factory-trained mechanics will provide fast and efficient service for Hudson owners.


From "The Gilroy [CA] Dispatch": "The new Hudson agency, located on North Monterey street across from Be-Ge Manufacturing Co. is open tomorrow. Guy Smith, Arthur Kleidon and Don Smith are owners of Gilroy's newest automobile agency. Complete garage service and sales for Hudson motor cars will be handled there.."


Glendale, CA:
Johnny Lail, 1260 S. Brand Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times, 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 Examiner ad.)
Kelley Motor Company, 816 S. Brand Blvd. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
R.E. Corrigan, 800-810 S. Brand Blvd. Dealer was R.E. Corrigan. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.) and 1260 S. Brand Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 L.A. area newspaper ad.)

Glendora, CA:
Wood Battery Shop, Foothill and Vermont. Dealer Name: Louis C. Wood. 1931-35 (Seen in 02/04/34 LA Times, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)

Grass Valley, CA:
Partridge Motors, 205 So. Auburn St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Gridley, CA:
Gridley Garage Co., (per 1914 Automobile Tour Book of California) Started selling Oldsmobile in late 1915, not sure if this was in addition to Hudson or instead of (per Horseless Age, Vol 36).

Hanford, CA:
Buckner Brothers (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)
Bush Garage (per 1914 Automobile Tour Book of California)

Hawthorne, CA:
Lew Westwood, 4810 W. El Segundo Blvd. (Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Hayward, CA:
Collins Motor Company
Collins Motor Company, 357 Castro Street, Hayward, CA. (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) When asked why he values the Hudson franchise, Charles Collins says [in December 1953 Hudson Dealer News], "First, and foremost, is unquestionably the superiority of the product I ahve to sell. I can truthfully expound on the unsurpassed beauty of both the interior and esterior of Hudson products. I could also make a complimentary statement on my excellent and friendly factory relations. however, to make a first choise, I must emphasize quality. Quality that ll my competitors envy,a nd quality that my owners appreciate and most important, talk about."

Other dealerships in Hayward, CA included:
Deterra Motors, 101 Castro St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Leonard Motors, 1 Castro Street (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad.)

Hermosa Beach, CA:
Hermosa Hudson, Inc., 850 Pier Ave. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)
Pacific Sales Co., 1000 Pacific Coast Highway ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Hollister, CA:
Homan Tractor Co., Cottage Corners (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Hollywood, CA:
Boqua
HUDSON & ESSEX MOTOR CARS, A.E. Boqua, Jr., Hollywood Distributor.
Believe the address may be 5430 Hollywood Blvd. Date of photo unknown. In business during at least 1921.

Hollywood, CA:
Hudson Hollywood, Inc., 8766 Hollywood Blvd. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)
W.A. Tanner, 6449 Sunset Blvd. 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 06/13/37 LA Times ad.)
W.H. collins, Inc., 6660 Sunset Blvd. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad.)

Huntington Beach, CA:
Main Street Garage Main Street Garage, 410 & 428 Main Street
The photo was taken in early December 1950 while the Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce decks out Main Street for the annual "Salute to Santa" event and parade. Owned by B.M. "Bob" Jurkovich. He started off in In the early 1920s selling and repairing Durants and Flints at 428 Main St. Newspaper ads list it as a Hudson dealership as early as 1934, but understand he started selling them in 1926. The "modern $40,000 garage" was built at 410 Main in 1944. Click here for more pictures and information on this dealership!

Huntington Park, CA:
South-East Motors, 2515 E. Slauson. Dealer was Jack Taylor. (Per 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.) and 2570 E. Slauson (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 L.A. area newspaper ad.)
Wallace J. Lumley, 5938 Pacific Blvd. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Worthington Motors, 2771 E. Slauson (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Indio, CA:
Cecil Head, Highway 99 (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Inglewood, CA:
Jack Gaynor
Metal ruler advertises Jack Gaynor located on 1122 So. La Brea in Inglewood, CA

Other dealerships in Inglewood included:
Belmont Motors, 220 N. La Brea St. (Per 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
E.A. Seimears, 664 S. Market Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad.) and then at 140 East Tamarack (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)
G.F. Sparling (Per 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Ingle Motor Co., 664 S. La Brea Ave. (Per 02/09/41 ad.)
Kingsburg, CA:
H.J. Hanson (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Lancaster, CA:
I.M. Purdy, 420 W. 11th Street (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Purdy, Wilder, & Wilder (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)
Stranske Motors, 841 Sierra Hwy. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times, 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Lemoore, CA:
Buckner Brothers (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Lennox, CA:
Turner Bros., 10815 Hawthorne. Dealer was J.L. Turner. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad and 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, 4/2/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.)

Livermore, CA:
Livermore Garage Co 1914 Automobile Tour Book

Lodi, CA:
B & W Motor Sales
B & W Motor Sales, 205 S. Sacramento St. per ad shown in Police and Peace Officers Journal of January 1950. An ad from 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner shows an address of 216 So. Sacramento St.)

Lompoc, CA:
H.A. Kelliher, Corner H and Walnut Streets (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Long Beach, CA:
Burgin's, 4001-21 Cherry Avenue ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
George J. Waldvogel, Jr., 1235 American Avenue (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner,and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Stones Auto Sales, 990 E. Anaheim ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
Storey-Rickets, 750 American Avenue (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

Los Altos, CA:
Mozart Motor Company, 251 1st Street (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Los Angeles, CA:

Aero Motors, Manchester and Western (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.) In above photo featured in December 1953 Hudson Dealer News, Bernie Freeman of Aero Motors pauses to welcome Hudson officials. (Left to Right) C.A.J. Hadley, Hudson Sales Manager; L. Ted Mortensen, Los Angeles Zone Manager; Bernie Freeman; N.K. Van Derzee, Hudson Vice-President in Charge of Sales and Wynn Young, Pacific Coast Divisional Manager. Dealers throughout America [said] there [were] three basic reasons why they [valued] the Hudson franchise. These [included] large profits, a fine product with the reputation of excellence since 1909 and excellent factory-dealer relationships. Individual reasons varied from the rather succinct answer of Bernie Freeman of Aero Motors in Los Angeles who said, "I value my Hudson franchise because it made me a half million dollars" to that of Charley Morris of Tuscumbia, Alabama, who said the underlying motive for valuing my Hudson franchise is "the love of a fine automobile with a performance exceeding all others."

Los Angeles, CA:
California Hudson Co
California Hudson Co., 445 So. Vermont. Photo from Jan. 16, 1955 Los Angeles Examiner.(Also seen in 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.) Photo courtesy A.J.

Los Angeles, CA:
DowntownMotorSales
"Downtown Motor Sales", 1200 S. Hope St. (12th & Hope), Los Angeles, CA. This image appeared in the April 2nd, 1939 copy of the L.A. Examiner newspaper. Click here for more pictures and information on this dealership!

Los Angeles, CA:
The Hudson Triangle
The Hudson Triangle, Beverly Blvd at N. Virgil Ave., Los Angeles, CA. In business during at least 1941. Click here to view a car sold at this dealership!

Los Angeles, CA:
Lail Bros
Lail Bros., 1422 S. La Cienega Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad, 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad, 03/09/52 L.A. Times, 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.) This dealership participated in the donation of one of 23 Jets to winners of the Teacup Contest. Per December 1953 Hudson Dealer News: Stephen Earle was the winner in the Los Angeles zone. Shown are (Left to Right) Ted Mortensen, Los Angeles zone manager; Ernest Lail, Hudson dealer; Mr. Earle and salesman Joe Hutton, who made the winning demonstration of the Jet. They incorporated as Lail Bros. Western Ave., Inc. in 1974, but the Lail Bros. Franchises at 1422 S. La Cienega Blvd and 230 S. Western Ave, both in L.A., were terminated in 1978. These Peugot franchises were terminated for, among other reasons, failing to maintain adequate flooring!

Los Angeles, CA:
Louis Custer
Louis Custer, 4601-3 Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, Ca. Circa 1920's.

Los Angeles, CA:
Wright and Beal
Wright and Beal, 1050 S. Figueroa (11th and Figueroa) (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Los Angeles, CA:
Harold L. Arnold at 1128 S. Olive St. in 1911 and at Seventh St. in 1920. There's a Mr. Rainy Day paragraph in Hudson Triangle Vol. 7 No. 38 from March 9, 1918; Employing Business Manager article in Motor Age Vol. 39 No. 21 from May 26, 1921. Vol. 8 No. 26 from April 12, 1919 which mentioned a Fred Albertson, a local car dealer .

Los Angeles, CA:
Sunset Motors
Sunset Motors, 5545 Sunset Blvd per August 1940 matchbook and then at 6028 Hollywood Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Other dealerships in Los Angeles included:
A.A. Tatti, 1044 So. La Brea (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Albert C. George, 4024 So. Vermont (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Alvord-Olsen Motor Co., 228 S. Western Ave. Dealer was Vord Boothe. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 11/09/41 L.A. area newspaper ad.)
Andrus Motors, 4917 Whittier Blvd. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)
Astoria Motors, 1338 S. La Brea (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
B.E. Savage, 228 So. Western Ave. (Per 06/13/37 L.A. Times.)
Boasberg & Sterling, 217 S. La Brea. Dealer was Jeff Sterling. (Per 06/13/37 LA Times ad,02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.)
C.M. Petersen, Inc., 6181 York Blvd. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Chaffey Motor Sales Co., 1051 E. Slauson Ave. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)
Charles H. Harris, 634 S. Wall St. Dealer was Charles H. Harris. (Per 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad.) and 234-36 W. Manchester Ave. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner and 11/09/41 L.A. area newspaper ad.)
Downs Garage, 119 W. Jefferson. Dealer was F.L. Harmon. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Earle C. Anthony, Inc. (California Distributors), Tenth and Hope Streets (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Eastside Motors, 2758 Whittier Blvd. (Per 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
F.B. Miller & Son, 4720 Crenshaw Blvd. (Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
Fishman Motors, Inc., 1616 South Figueroa. Dealer was Herman Fishman. (Per 06/13/37 LA Times, 02/19/39 LA Times newspaper ad and 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.)
Frank Rhode, 634 S. Wall St. Dealer was Frank Rhode. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 06/13/37 LA Times, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.)
Glenn B. Austin (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)
Harry Carver, Inc., 1616 So. Figueroa St. ( Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Heller Motor Co., 4165 Beverly Blvd. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Highland Park Motors, 6000 N. Figueroa St. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.) and then at 6050 No. Figueroa (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Hudson on Crenshaw, 2930 Crenshaw Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)
Hudson on Manchester, Manchester and Western (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)
Hudson Sales Corporation, 1200 S. Hope (Wholesale Zone Office) - (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Hugh C. Marshall Co., 3000 Sunset Blvd. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
J. Frank Downs, 119 W. Jefferson (Per 06/13/37 LA Times and 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad.)
Joe Newell, 3412 West Pico. Dealer was Joe Newell. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad, 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, and 11/09/41 L.A. area newspaper ad.)
Julio Perez, 2758 Whittier Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad.)
Louis O. Munson, 9201 So. Vermont AVe. (Per 06/13/37 LA Times.)
Mueller Auto Sales, 4917 Whittier Blvd. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner and 06/13/37 LA Times.)
Ned Chaffey (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)
Pearson Auto Sales, 2400 Pasadena Ave. (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Phillips Motors, 4021 S. Western Ave. (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
R.E. Walker Motors, 1041 So. Western AVe. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Ralph Hamlin Motors, Inc., 1040 South Flower (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad.)
Southwest Motors, 5743 Crenshaw Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Stanley Caples, 4515 S. Vermont (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Stout Motors, 7715 Santa Monica Blvd. (Per 06/13/37 LA Times.)
W.A. Tanner, 6154 Hollywood Blvd. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Weimer Motors, Inc., 4750 S. Broadway (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner and 06/13/37 LA Times ad.)
Western Motors & Equipment, Inc., 3225 W. Washington (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, and 06/13/37 LA Times ad.)
Western Motor Car Co., 727 South Olive (Los Angeles Herald 6/9/10)
Wilshire Hudson-Terraplane Motors, 708 So. Vermont Ave. (Per 06/13/37 LA Times ad.)

Los Gatos, CA:
Joseph Cerrito, 614 North Santa Cruz Avenue (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Martinez, CA:
Ed Stone Motors, Escobar & Estudillo Streets (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
W.J. Johnson 1914 Automobile Tour Book

Marysville, CA:
Twin Cities Hudson Co., 117 C St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Merced, CA:
J.M. Lovejoy (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)
John Bardini, 621 18th St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Modesto, CA:
Harold S. France, 11th and G Streets (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.) and later
    France & Howe, Inc., 11th and G Streets (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.
Litts Garage (Geo. F. Young) 1914 Automobile Tour Book
L.H. Peterson. Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.

Monrovia, CA:
Silcott Hudson Sales
Silcott Hudson Sales, 123 So. Myrtle Ave. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.) Also referred to as Silcott Bros. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner and 03/09/52 L.A. Times.) It continued as a service garage run by surviving brother, Dean Silcot, into perhaps the early 1970s.

Monterey, CA:
Joe Van Noy Motors (Per 03/20/1953 newspaper ad.)
Rucklos and Company ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
Winston Auto Co., 230-240 Calle Principal (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Montebello, CA:
Geo. W. Spriestersbach
George W. Spriestersbach, 712 Whittier Blvd., Montebello, CA. Postcard circa 1937. The dealership location became a movie theatre by December of 1937, a travel agency by the 1970's, and is currently a hair salon. Click here for more pictures and information.

Other dealerships in Montebello, CA included:
Lawrence Motor Co. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Montrose, CA:
Harvey W. Freeman Co., 3319 N. Vergugo Road (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Napa, CA:
J.H. Johnson Co.: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.

Smith-Palzis, Inc., 2110 Main St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Needles, CA:
Matthews & Taylor (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Newman:
W.G. Newsome (per 1914 Automobile Tour Book of California) 1914 Automobile Tour Book

North Hollywood, CA:
Woolverton Motors
Woolverton Motors, 4368-72 (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.) and at 5967 Lankershim Bl. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.) In December 1953 Hudson Dealer News: Art Woolverton and Jack Woolverton are the sparkplugs of an old established dealership that has recently invested over $100,000 in a new building that has recently invested over $100,000 in a new building. Says Jack Wolverton, "Certainly we've put a lot of money into our building. But we have confidence in the future or we wouldn't have done it. We've a backlog of service customers as well as owners who form the basic core of our sales. The fact that Hudson as a product stands up with the best is an important reason we have our money in our new building. We feel business is bound to become stronger and our money is well invested."

Other dealerships in North Hollywood included:
Edward L. Smith, 4437 Lankershim Blvd. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad and 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad.)
W. & S. Motors (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Oakland, CA:
Kasey Motors
Kasey Motors, 3300 Broadway. A Karate & Kickboxing studio now does business in this building. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) Photo circa 1949.

Oakland, CA:
A.L. Learner Motors
Learner Motors, 3800 San Pablo Avenue, Oakland CA. Photo from February 22, 1954 Automotive News. Dealership is now an empty lot, but building shown on left of photo still stands.

Oakland, CA:
Walter W. Anderson Co.
Walter W. Anderson Co., 3901 E. 14th St. (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad, 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner, and 10/06/46 ad.) and 4330 East 14th Street, Oakland, CA. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Other dealerships in Oakland included:
Carl L. Scott Co., 2321 Broadway (Per 10/06/46 newspaper ad.)
H.L. McCoy, 744 East 12th St. (Per 06/16/1937, 03/31/40, 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner, and 10/06/46 ad.)
H.O. Harrison: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916. Click here for more info. John Milton Sales & Service, 3019 E. 14th Street (Per 10/06/46 ad and 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Milton Motor Co.,2860 Broadway (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad.) and then at 3068 Broadway (Per 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner.)
Scholtz & Jordan, 2860 Broadway (Per 06/16/1937 S.F. newspaper ad.)

Oceanside, CA:
H.B. Wade, 114 S. Hill St. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Ontario, CA:
J.W. Anderson, 401 "A" Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Neil Franklin, 316 W. "A" Street (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Oroville, CA:
Omer Caughey
Omer Caughey, 1241 Oak Street. Found in 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) Ad shown in Police and Peace Officers' Journal of January 1950 shows address of 1726 Montgomery St, however.

Oxnard, CA:
Dewey Felton, 118 E. 5th Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
L.G. Maulhardt Equipment Company, 815 N. Oxnard Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

Palo Alto, CA:
Community Motors
Community Motors, 430 Emerson Street, Palo Alto, CA. Circa 1950. (Also seen in 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Pasadena, CA:
Aldon Motors, Inc.
Aldon Motors, Inc., 267 W. Colorado Street, Pasadena, CA

Pasadena Hudson, Inc.
Pasadena Hudson, Inc., 294 W. Colorado Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.) and at 1136 E. Colorado Blvd. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.), Pasadena, CA. Believe photo to be of 1136 address as dealership was described as having one of the most up-to-date dealer buildings in the world. Travis Godbold, president of Pasadena Hudson, declares of his sparkling new dealer building [in December 1953 Hudson Dealer News], "We had to make our expansion. There's almost $100,000 in our investment now. We've found that a modern dealership inspires customer confidence. We're looking toward the long run. We can't let a temporary business condition faze us. Our new building has a coffee and snack bar for customers, an indoor as well as an outdoor showroom and a service department with more than 7,000 sq. feet of floor space." Move cursor over image to view a broader picture of the dealership.

Other dealerships in Pasadena included:
Edmonson & Thorngren, 267 W. Colorado St. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Pasadena, CA:
Hull Motor Company
Hull Motor Company. Photo from The Hudson Triangle of May 15, 1920.

Pasadena, CA:
Walter M. Murphy
Walter M. Murphy Motors, 285 West Colorado. Photo circa 1925. click here to view more historical pictures of Pasadena.

Paso Robles, CA:
Reinke Hudson
P.A. Reinke. An ad in the 01/20/35 LA Times shows the address as 1134 - 13th Street. (P.A. Reinke also appears in a 03/10/35 LA Times ad and a 12/08/35 LA Examiner ad without an address.) More well-known information has the address as 1130 Pine Street. It's understood that in the mid-1930's Paul Reinke started selling Packards, Hudsons, Studebakers and Willys at 1130 Pine Street. The business lasted until 1960, when the building was sold, and Pioneer Auto Parts put their sign over the door. "Paso Robles City Planner Ron Whisenand comments, 'This building was very important in early Paso Robles because it was a Packard dealership and a tie to Spring Street which was the former highway between San Francisco and Los Angeles. It was a prime stopping place for people along that route.'---- To meet the demands of these visitors and their cars, local entrepreneurs began to open auto- related businesses downtown and before long the automotive industry had taken Paso Robles by storm. With its prime location and large size, 1130 Pine Street caught the eye of the Paul & Grace Reinke. They soon remodeled the building to include curbs and garage doors and opened the Reinke Hudson Packard Dealership. In 1938, after leasing from owner W. B. Bayless for several years, the Reinkes bought the building. Their dealership continued to be a cornerstone of Paso Robles commerce for the next 22 years.---- In 1960, the building changed hands and became Pioneer Auto Parts, a partnership of Harold L “Mike” Wing and Norman W. Ellis. During their 14 years of ownership, 1130 Pine Street became the source for all of Paso Roblans automotive needs, from wiper blades to wheel wells.---- In 1974, Harold Wing sold to Steve Encell, the current owner of 1130 Pine Street. Under his management, Pioneer Auto Parts served as not only a parts store, but also a community social center for Roblans who would share news over a cup of coffee every morning. He also introduced a repair shop in the rear of the building and it subsequently became the Napa Auto Parts Franchise.---- Closed in 2003, Mr. Encell, over the next four years, considered various tenants but it was the philanthropic nature of the Studios on the Park project that sparked his interest and in December 2007 a lease was signed." The building was then renovated, and is now Studios on the Park. It contains art classrooms and exhibits. Future plans include a complete rebuilding of the structure as an 18,000 sq. ft. two story art center.

Paso Robles, CA:
Bush-Morgan Motor Co. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)
Williams & Palla, 1148 12th Street (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Pittsburg, CA:
Ed stone Motors, 125 E. 10th Street (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.)

Pomona, CA:
Bert Bingham, 425 N. Garey Ave. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Carl C. Wolfe, 172 E. Fifth Avenue (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)
Catron Motors, 830 E. Holst St. ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
Ranchers' Manufacturering Co (per 1914 Automobile Tour Book of California) and July 3, 1915Hudson Triangle Vol 5 No 1.

Redding, CA:
Barnard & Johnson, 1095 Market St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) This building has been replaced by a drive-thru coffee stand.
J.H. Buick: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.

Redlands, CA:
Lowry & Wheaton, Inc., Vine & Cajon Streets (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Mission Garage (Per 1914 Automobile Tour Book of California) B.G. Holmes built the Mission Garage in unknown year and unconfirmed business purpose. He sold the business in 1913 to Bartlett Brothers of Detroit, Mi, who sold Hudson for unknown amount of years. However, Holmes retained ownership of the building until 1920, when he traded it for an orange grove on Redlands Heights.

Redondo, Ca:
Zeller-Stiles Motor Co
Zeller-Stiles Motor Co., Dist. 114 S. Catalina Ave. Dealer: John F. Zeller & George L. Stiles. Ad circa 1925. Click here for more information.

Redondo Beach, Ca:
Oceanside Garage, 298 N. Pacific Ave. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 03/10/35 LA Times ad.)
Oceanview Garage (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Redwood City, CA:
Bourquin Motors, 923 Jefferson (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Yale East Motors, 1701 El Camino Real (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.)

Reedley, CA:
S.J. Glidden (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)
Richmond, CA:
H.A. Sellers: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.
Lloyd A. Cordell, 412 Macdonald Ave. (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad.)
R.E. Grylich Auto Sales, 2705 Macdonald Ave. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Riverside, CA:
Moore Motor Sales
Moore Motor Sales, 3506 Main Street (Fifth and Main) Click here to view more pictures!

Riverside, CA:
Brainard & Cundiff, 3583 Market St. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)
Robert Leith (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Roseville, CA:
G & B Motors, 428 Lincoln St. (Per 03/20/1953 newspaper ad.)
Tony A. Mealia, 428 Lincoln St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Sacramento, CA:
Paul Motors
Paul Motors, 2512 Franklin Blvd., Sacramento, CA. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad, 03/20/1953 newspaper ad, and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.)

Sacramento, CA:
Arnold Brothers HudsonHudson Triangle Vol 13 July 1925
Arnold Brothers, 1801 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento. The building was built in the 1920's as a Hudson dealership and believed to have stayed in business through at least 1937. John Henry Arnold was one of the founders. It now houses Zocalo, a Mexican restaurant.

Salinas, CA:
Hanson Auto Co.
Hanson Auto Co., 247 Abbott St. & corner of Alameda Ave.,Salinas, CA (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad, Nov. 1950 ad, 03/20/1953 newspaper ad, and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.)

Hartshorn Motor Co.
Hartshorn Motor Co., 324 N. Main St., Salinas, CA (Ad shown above dates to 02/03/38 ad.)

San Bernardino, CA:
E.G. Price Motor Co
E.G. Price Motor Co., 216 "E" Street (from at least 1934-37) and later at 397 Baseline Street (from at least 1952-53) Photo circa 1949. Sold Hudson from 1934-1957. Sold AMC through 1977? Click here for more photos and info!

San Bruno, CA:
Alen Motor Company
Alen Motor Company, 734 El Camino Real. Circa 1950-51.

San Clemente, CA:
Coast Hi-Way Garage (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)

San Diego, CA:
Brentner & McCabe, 1st Street. (L.L. Brentner & C.W. McCabe). Sold both Dodge and Hudson automobiles (Found in 1917 San Diego Directory.)

F.B. Naylor, Inc. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Johnson Motor Co., 208 "C" Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)

San Fernando, CA:
Hamer Motors, Inc., 11069 Sepulveda Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times, 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
Walter A. Rueff, 710 San Fernando Road (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

San Francisco, CA:
Ellis Brooks
Ellis Brooks Motors, 1595 Van Ness Avenue, corner of Bush Street & Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco [9], CA.
77 year old Floyd Gass is shown buying the first Hudson Jet in San Francisco. He traded in a 1929 Auburn on a 'Super Jet' four door sedan. He is shown with Ellis Brooks (center) and Hart Shadrick, general manager, of Ellis Brooks Motors Inc. April 8, 1953. (Dealer listing also found in 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad 03/20/1953 newspaper ad.) Click here for more pictures and information on this dealership!

Harry Krieger Oldsmobile 1956
Harry Krieger & Sons, 2950 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA. (Per 06/16/1937 S.F. newspaper ad and 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad, as well as 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) A 03/31/40 newspaper ad and 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner have the address as 3625 Geary Blvd. The 2950 Geary Blvd building now holds Mancini's Sleepworld. Click here for more pictures of this dealership!

San Francisco, CA:
H.O. Harrison Co
H.O. Harrison Co., 1200 Post St., San Francisco, CA. Click here for more information on this dealership.

San Francisco, CA:
J.W. Frieden
J.W. Frieden Hudson-Essex of San Francisco, CA

Other dealerships in San Francisco included:
Carttee Motor Sales, 700 Van Ness Ave. (Per 06/16/1937 S.F. newspaper ad.)
Glen C. Stater (Distributor), 1600 Van Ness Ave. (Per 06/16/1937 S.F. newspaper ad, 03/31/40 newspaper ad, and 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner.)
George E. Archer & Son, 5960 Mission St. (Per 06/16/1937, 03/31/40, and 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner ads.)
Goggin & Caselli, 214 Van Ness Ave. (Per 10/06/46 newspaper ad.)
Hudson Sales Co. (Per Automobile Tour Book of California, circa 1914.)
Metro Motors Corp., 817-857 Columbus Ave. (Per 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner and 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Presidio Garage, 1723 Unioin St. (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad and 01/26/41 S.F. Examiner.)
Priola Motors, 4900 Mission Street (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) A 10/06/46 ad shows 4885 as the address.
Remensperger Brothers, 640 Valencia St. (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad.)
S.G. Chapman, 1230-1236 Van Ness Ave. (Per Automobile Tour Book of California, circa 1914.)

San Gabriel, CA:
Barlow Automotive Service Co., 811 E. Broadway (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Roy C. Armstrong, 111 W. Las Tunas (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

San Jacinto, CA:
George S. Anderson
George S. Anderson, 524 S. San Jacinto (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad.). This location was previously the Valley Garage, see below.

Other dealerships in San Jacinto, CA included:
Valley Garage, 524 S. San Jacinto (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

San Jose, CA:
Leland Cerruti
Leland Cerruti, San Jose, CA: This rather elegant auto dealership opened in San Jose in 1930 as Col & Cerruti, later Leland Cerruti, Inc. It is believed that Leland Cerruti also had the Hudson franchise here (as many Packard dealers did in the early '30's) from 1934 to 1936. This was San Jose's Packard dealership until 1956, when then-dealer Howard Gustin switched from Packard to Nash. Subsequently Ramblers, DeSotos, Checkers and Subarus were sold here. It hasn't been a new-car dealership since 1970. Click here for more pictures of this dealership.

Normandin-Campen
Normandin-Campen Co., 328 W. Santa Clara St., San Jose, CA. Date of photo unknown, but location probably dates back as late as 1926 when Normandin-Campen became a Hudson-Essex distributor and this is probably one branch of the company, including ones in Watsonville and Santa Cruz. The Normandin-Campen Co. was established in 1875 by founder Amable Normandin, a blacksmith and sleigh maker from Montreal. He made and sold buggies long before cars were around! In 1906, the company expanded to include the sale of horseless carriages. The first franchise, Franklin, came along in 1915... A 07/31/31 newspaper ad shows Normandin-Campen with address of 220-230 W. Santa Clara St., where they'd been located since 1911. Between 1931 and 1934, Campen was dropped as a business partner and the business renamed as Louis O. Normandin. (A 04/15/34 Mercury-Herald ad places Louis O. Normandin at 220-230 West Santa Clara St.) The business moved sometime between April and Septemer of 1934 to the lcoation shown below.

Louis O. Normandin
Louis O. Normandin, 405 W. Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA: (See Normandin-Campen above for previous address and more info.) (405 address also found in 09/19/34 Mercury-Herald.) Normandin sold Hudson, along with DeSoto-Plymouth (a franchise they obtained in 1933) and International Trucks (1934). This photo was probably taken in early 1942, as a few 1942 models can be seen on the lot. The showroom, however, is filled with appliances for sale. This was common during World War II as new cars were not produced from early 1942 to mid-1945. There was a transiton from from DeSoto to Chrysler in 1957-58 and remained at this site until 1969. The family business is now being run by the fifth generation as Normandin Chrysler Jeep at 900 Capitol Expressway Auto Mall, 95136. Click here for more on the Normandin dealership.

San Jose:
Wallace Brothers 1910
Wallace Brothers, St. James Street. Photo circa 1910. Known to sell Hudson in at least 1914 (per 1914 Automobile Tour Book).

Other dealerships in San Jose included:
Ferguson Motor Co.
Harry King Co., 349 West Santa Clara St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)
Joseph Cerrito (also sold Hudson in Los Gatos from 1951 to 1954)
Thomson Motor Co., 31 N. Second St.

San Luis Obispo, CA:
E.L. O'Reilly (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)
San Luis Motor Co. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Walter F. Lewis, 205 Higuera Street (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

San Mateo, CA:
Kresteller Motor Co.
Kresteller Motor Co., 4th and Railroad Avenue and 836 San Mateo Drive, San Mateo, CA. (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) Kresteller Motor Co., owned by Morton Theodore Kresteller, began selling Hudsons in early 1953. When he died, the shop at 4th & Railroad was inherited by his sister Barbara Kresteller, who sold it to Endo Automotive. This location is still a very recognizable facility. Click here to view more pictures of this dealership.

Other dealerships in San Mateo included:
Milton R. Barr, 50 North B. St. (Per 03/31/40 newspaper ad.)

San Pedro, CA:
Pacific Motors, 1415 S. Pacific Ave. Dealer: Charles "Bud" Bachtel. Circa 1949-1952.
Pruitt Motor Comapny (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
The United Motor Co. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)

San Rafael, CA:
Marin Motors
Marin Motors, San Rafael, CA. Also a Desoto dealership circa 1941?

San Rafael, CA:
Rafael Motors, Third Street & Lincoln Avenue. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) Bugna Lincoln Mercury (which also sold Edsels at one point) was located at the same intersection.

Sanger, CA:
S.J. Glidden (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Santa Ana, CA:
Ben Heflinger Hudson
Ben Heflinger Hudson, 305 E. 1st St., Santa Ana, CA. Photo circa 1947-48. Years of business were loosely the '40's to as late as March 1952. (See Santa Ana Hudson at same address in at least March of 1952.) After Hudson, it's rumored he sold Mercedes Benz but may have been at a different location? Click here for more pictures and information!

Santa Ana, CA:
H.C. Collins
H.C. Collins, 113 N. Sycamore St., Santa Ana, CA (Roll mouse over image to see what I believe is the building today.)



Santa Ana, CA:
P. & L. Motors
P. & L. Motors, 100 South Main St., Santa Ana, CA. Located in Heninger Park on South Main Street (at First Street) is a large brick building listed on the City of Santa Ana's Register of Historic Buildings as the United Auto Building. This 1936 photograph shows James Robert Wann buying 7 of his 8 sons new Hudson Terraplane automobiles from the then P&L Motors Inc. Dad paid cash for the seven cars. He was the owner of Wann Bros. Spray Rig., a supplier of spray equipment used to spray orange groves in Orange & surrounding areas. There were two Wann sisters. This photograph is courtesy of Wanda Schramm. Her father James, Jr. is seventh from right in photo. (Also seen in 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.) ---- The United Auto Building was apparently constructed in two parts by W. E. Chilson. In June 1922, Chilson applied for a permit to construct a public garage at 102-108 South Main Street, at a cost of $30,000. In September 1923, a second permit for stores and nine apartments to be constructed at 108-110 South Main Street at a cost of $25,700 was issued. In 1924 the first occupants were the Hull, Witner-Haynes Company, who sold Haynes and Oldsmobile motorcars. The following year, the R. W. Townsend Motor Company, sellers of Marmon and Pierce autos, and the Orange County Motors Company occupied the site. By 1927 the Hub Motor Company, dealers in Hudson and Essex autos, was located in the building. They were followed in 1931 by Marmon Motors, which handled sales of Marmons, Roosevelts, and Austins. In 1937 the United Automotive Service, owned by Leonard Forcey and Arthur Tobey, began a long occupancy; a sign in the window today still contains their name. (Roll mouse over image to see what the building looks like today.)

Other dealerships in Santa Ana, CA included:
Santa Ana Hudson, Inc., 305 E. First Street (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)
The Jones Boys, 315 So. Main St. ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Santa Barbara, Ca:
Hitchcock Motor Co., 36 State Street (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Lorton Clough Hudson, 322 State Street (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

Santa Cruz, CA:
Knight Motor Co
Knight Motor Co., 503 Pacific Avenue (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.) Owner's son was Art Knight, who worked there in his younger years.

Santa Cruz:
Jensen Brothers Auto Co., Front and Cooper Streets (per 1914 Automobile Tour Book of California) The 1913 City Directory lists the company as dealing in carriages and harnesses. By the 1916-17 City Directory, the company is described as a garage and a Ford agent. Click here to view an interior image.

Santa Maria, CA:
M.L.
M.L. "Red" Townsend, 1135 W. Main St. (Main & Blasser Road). In business from at least March 1953 through November 1954. Click here to view more pictures!

Santa Maria, CA:
Ida M. Hawkins, 201 N. Broadway (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Santa Monica, CA:
Fullerton & Kriehn, 1221 Santa Monica Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)
Fullerton-Loadvine, 2121 Wilshire Blvd. ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
Hart Fullerton, 1601 Santa Monica Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)
Thompson Motor Co., Ltd., Wilshire Blvd. at 17th St. (Per 02/04/34 LA Times and 01/20/35 LA Times ad.)
Tingle Motor Car Co. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Wood Motors, 1221 Santa Monica Blvd. Dealer was J.H. Farmer. (Per 02/05/39 LA Times ad, 02/19/39 L.A. Times newspaper ad and 03/26/39 L.A. Examiner, 4/2/39 L.A. Examiner, and 04/16/39 ad.)

Santa Paula, CA:
Burkes Automotive Serv., 12th and Main Streets (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Santa Rosa, CA:
Ken Carter, 205 5th Street (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Schieffer Auto Co.: Advertised in the Pacific Rural Press, Volume 91, Number 3, 15 January 1916.

Selma, CA:
Richart Motors, 1919 Whitson, Selma, CA (Started in 1948.)

South Gate, CA:
Exchange Auto Sales, 2121 E. Firestone Blvd. ( Per 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

South Pasadena, CA:
Campbell Motors, 818 Fair Oaks Avenue (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
South Pasadena Motors, 1000 Fair Oaks Avenue (Per 02/04/34 LA Times, 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Stockton, CA:
J.E. Meyer
J.E. Meyer, 625 E. Miner St., Stockton, CA. J. E. Meyer sold Kaiser and Willys, then switched to Hudson, then Rambler in the late fifties.

Stockton, CA:
Louis C. Raballo, 821 N. El Dorado (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Stockton, CA:
Patterson's Hudson Garage
Patterson's Hudson Garage, Stockton, CA. Circa 1913? Click here for more pictures and information.

Susanville, CA:
Mosiers Motors, Main & Roop Streets (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Taft, CA:
Gail Krisher (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)
L.A. Jolliff Motor Sales (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
Taft Willys Co., 219 Center St. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad and 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)
Weaver and Lyman (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Tipton, CA:
F.P. Stebbins (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Torrance, CA:
L. James Jenkins (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Trona, CA:
Samuel B. Levin (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Tulare, CA:
Stiles Motor Sales, 233 E. Inyo Street (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Turlock, CA:
Gordon Hallmark, Inc., 211 South Center Street (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Ukiah, CA:
P-B Motors, 1045 South State Street (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad and 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Vacaville, CA:
Valley Motor Co., 780 Davis St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Vallejo, CA:
Al Young's Automotive Service
Al Young's Automotive Service, 1401 Sonoma Blvd., Vallejo, CA. (Per 03/20/1953 newspaper ad and 06/11/53 newspaper ad.) Not positive if this is the original building, but the location does serve as a Volkswagen dealership currently.

Oher dealerships in Vallejo included:
Vanderschoot Bros., Inc., 623 Broadway (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

Van Nuys, CA:
D.L. Phillips (Per 06/23/35 LA Examiner.)
Hudson Van Nuys, Inc., 6150 Van Nuys Blvd. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)
Kelly A. Scott, 6150 Van Nuys Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)
W. & S. Motor Co. (Per 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)

Venice, CA:
F.C. Owens, 13452 Washington Blvd. (Per 02/09/41 ad and 11/09/41 Los Angeles area newspaper ad.)

Ventura, CA:
Dewey Felton, 2170 Thompson Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)
R. Neiderhauser, 34 East Main St. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.)
S.J. Hubbard (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)

Visalia, CA:
Fairance I. Miller, 126 NE 3rd St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Guy Steele (Per 08/03/30 Fresno area newspaper ad.)

Walnut Creek, CA:
The House of Hudsons
The House of Hudsons, 2301 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Walnut Creek, CA. (Also seen in 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)

Weed, CA:
Louie's Motor Service, Main Street (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)

West Los Angeles, CA:
Hudson Westwood, Inc., 10860 Santa Monica Blvd. (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)

Whittier, CA:
Chas. I. Dorn (Per 02/04/34 LA Times.)
L. Albert Mencke, 511 So. Greenleaf Ave. (Per 01/20/35 LA Times ad, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, and 12/08/35 LA Examiner.) and then at 202 W. Hadley (Per 03/09/52 L.A. Times.)
Wiest's Motors, 511 So. Greenleaf Ave. (Per 11/29/53 newspaper ad and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Wilmington, CA:
Harbor Hudson
Harbor Hudson, 445 E. Anaheim Blvd. Photo featured in 1953 Automotive News and 1953 Motor magazine ad.(Dealership also listed in 11/29/53 newspaper ad.)

Woodland, CA:
C.A. Nock, 301 College St. (Per 07/13/1949 San Francisco Examiner ad.)
Village Motor Company, 301 College Street (Per 03/20/1953 and 06/11/53 newspaper ads.)


COLORADO

Colorado Springs, CO:

J.M. Morse, Colorado Springs, CO. Announced as new dealer in The Hudson Triangle, Vol.1 Number 8, December 2, 1911.

Denver, CO:

C.M. Grady, Denver, CO. Announced as new dealer in The Hudson Triangle, Vol.1 Number 8, December 2, 1911.

Denver, CO:
Tom Botterill
Botterill's Hudson Essex at 1270 Broadway in Denver, Colorado. The two-story building housed Tom Botterill's "Used Cars." Photo dates to August 5, 1929. Click here for more pictures of this dealership!

Denver, CO:
Fred Ward
Fred Ward, Inc., 1300 Lincoln, Denver, Colorado. In business from at least the late 1940's - 1952. It's rumored that he may have distributed 2 Tuckers in 1951.

Denver, CO:
Harrison Motors
Harrison Motors at Broadway and Stout Street in downtown Denver, Colorado. A pickup truck and automobile are parked near the one-story brick building. Photo circa 1940-1950?

Denver, CO:
Lowen-Thompson-Brown
Lowen-Thompson-Brown, Inc, Denver, CO. This Denver Distributor participated in the donation of one of 23 Jets to winners of the Teacup Contest. Per December 1953 Hudson Dealer News: C.J. Lowen of the dealership presented Teacup Winner Mrs. Madolin Whetstine of Longmont, CO with keys to her Super Jet.

Denver, CO:
Sandberg Motor Co
Sandberg Motor Co, 950 Bannock, Denver, CO. Reverse side of postcard pictures a 1940 Hudson.

Denver, CO:
Universal Truck Company
Universal Truck Company at 801 Broadway, Denver, Colorado from a Northwestward view. Signs read: Dodge & Hudson Experts, Smith Form- a-Truck Service Station, The Hoffman-Page Co. Automobile Repairing, Diamond Trucks. Photo circa 1917-1923.

Denver, CO:
Vic Hebert
Vic Hebert Hudson, 3660 Downing St., Denver, CO: Located on 36th between Lawrence St & Downing. "Hebert" was pronounced "He-Bert." Vic Hebert Sr. started the business in 1913 selling Willy's Overland. He passed away in 1967. The business was passed to his sons, Vic Jr, Don, and Leo. Leo was the service and parts manager. Don and Vic jr were in sales. The dealership closed in 1985 or 86, having sold American Motor Cars, especially Javellins, in the years proceeding. A 1950 Hornet Convertible 50A62036 was sold there.

Greeley, CO:
Marcellus Motor Co.
Marcellus Motor Co., South 8th Avenue, Greeley, CO.

Monte Vista, CO:
Flemons Motor Company
Flemons Motor Company, 243 Adams St., Monte Vista, Colorado.

Sterling, CO:
H.H. Ekart Garage
H.H. Ekart Garage, 202 North Third St., Sterling, CO. Postcard circa 1927.


CONNECTICUT

Bethany, CT:
Elm Shade Garage (Per 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

J.C. Bednar Motors
J.C. Bednar Motors Inc., 860 Boston Ave and later at 520 Boston AVe, Bridgeport, Connecticut. In business from 1919 until early eighties. They sold Hudsons and then kept with the Ramblers, AMCs, and Jeeps. Click here for more information and pictures!

Other dealerships in Bridgeport included:
Lakeview Auto Co. (Per 11/03/35 NY Times.)
Stewart Motor Co., Inc., 2226 Fairfield Ave. (Per 11/03/35 NY Times and 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad.)

Cheshire, CT:
Nichols Garage (Per 11/03/35 NY Times and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

Danbury, CT:
Horan Motor Sales, 45 West St. (Per 11/03/35 NY Times, 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad, 11/13/38 New York Times ad, and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

Derby, CT:
Tarantino Motors (Per 11/03/35 NY Times.)

Fairfield, CT:
Tide Mill Garage (Per 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad, 11/13/38 New York Times ad, and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

Greenwich, CT:
Klumpp & Marshall, Inc. (Per 11/03/35 NY Times.)
Klumpp Motor Sales, 63 W. Putnam Ave. (Per 01/06/1935 New York Times ad, 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad, 11/13/38 New York Times ad, and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

Hartford, CT:
Johnson Auto Co
Johnson Auto Co, 380 Hudson St., Hartford, CT. Dealer: V.T. Johnson. Circa 1947.

Hartford, CT:
L & S Motors
L & S Motors, Albany Ave., Hartford, CT. Postcard circa 1940.

Other dealerships in Hartford, CT included:
Fred G. Kaza's Garage, 529 Park Street (Also sold Dodge.) (1930 Motor Trips Guide book)

Naugatuck, CT:
Hotchkiss St. Garage, Hotchkiss St. (Per 11/03/35 NY Times, 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad, 11/13/38 New York Times ad, and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

New Canaan, CT:
Roche's Garage (Per 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

New Haven, CT:
Fair Haven Motors (Per 11/03/35 NY Times and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)
Henry K. Linsley (Per 11/03/35 NY Times.)
Moody-Wilcox Motor Co., 206 Whalley Ave. (Per 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)
Stephen J. Piake (Per 11/03/35 NY Times.)

Norwalk, CT:
Beach Motor Sales, 81 Main St. (Per 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)
Jorgenson Motor, 5-7 River St. (Per 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad.)

Shelton, CT:
Tarantine Motors, 70 Wooster St. (Per 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad and 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

Stamford, CT:
Farrell Motors, Inc., 738 Main St. (Per 11/03/35 NY Times and 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad.)
Smith's Garage, 56 W. Park Lane (Per 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

Wallingford, CT:
Lanson Brothers
Lanson Brothers Garage, 186 N. Colony St., Wallingford, CT. Here is a 1949 picture of the dealership with a 1948 convertible parked in front. (Also seen in 10/13/40 New York Times ad.)

Waterbury, CT:
E.A. Wilcox Co. (Per 11/03/35 NY Times.)
Moody-Wilcox Motor Co., 439 W. Main St. (Per 11/12/1936 New York/ New Jersey newspaper ad.)

Westport, CT:
North Main St. Garage, 279 N. Main (Per 11/13/38 New York Times ad.)

Winstead, CT:
Maxfield Motor Co
Maxfield Motor Co., 481 Main St. New Hartford location on Main St. Torrington location seen in ad was at S. Prospect & Hungerford Sts.


UNITED STATES

OTHER COUNTRIES





Courtey 2013 HudsonJet.net - All Rights Reserved.