HudsonJet.net


Main Street Garage in Huntington Beach, California

410 & 428 Main Street

Main Street Garage

The photo was taken in early December 1950 while the Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce decks out Main Street for the annual "Salute to Santa" event and parade. During this time, Roy Bryant had the Dodge agency at 401 Main St. Across the street, at 424 Main, Robert P. Mandic was selling new and used Chryslers, Plymouths and Imperials.

Owned by B.M. "Bob" Jurkovich. He started off in In the early 1920s selling and repairing Durants and Flints at 428 Main St. Newspaper ads list it as a Hudson dealership as early as 1934, but understand he started selling them in 1926. The "modern $40,000 garage" was built at 410 Main in 1944. He added the Rambler and Metropolitan lines in the 1950s. Jurkovich passed on Feb. 27, 1969.

(Also found in 02/04/34 LA Times, 06/23/35 LA Examiner, 12/08/35 LA Examiner, 01/20/35 and 03/10/35 LA Times ad, 03/09/52 L.A. Times, 11/29/53 newspaper ad, and 12/04/55 L.A. Examiner ad.)

Main Street Garage
The 410 building seen in the background is now home to "The Electric Chair."


Suggested articles:

"Christmas of 1923" by Jerry Person, mentions Main Street Garage.

"Pearl Harbor" by Jerry Person, mentions Main Street Garage offering a 1939 Hudson "Six" car for $550.

"Salute to Santa" by Jerry Person, describing the event in 1953.

"B.M "Bob" Burkovich" by Jerry Person, an extended article.





Copyright 2011 HudsonJet.net - All Rights Reserved.