Papers of other authors
See also Kull's list of references in biosemiotics
- Emmeche, Claus and Jesper Hoffmeyer From Language to Nature - the semiotic metaphor in biology.
- Jesper Hoffmeyer and Claus Emmeche Code-duality and the semiotics of nature.
- Jesper Hoffmeyer Biosemiotics: Towards a New Synthesis in Biology.
- Howard Pattee Evolving self-reference: matter, symbols, and semantic closure.
- Kalevi Kull Semiotic paradigm in theoretical biology.
- Christian Balkenius Natural Intellegence in Artificial Creatures (book on-line).
- Rocha, Luis Mateus Evolutionary Systems and Artificial Life (Lecture Notes).
[(1) What is Life? (2) The logical Mechanisms of Life (3) Self-Organization and Emergent Complex Behavior (4) Self - Organization and Cellular Automata (5) Von Neumann and Darwinism (6) Evolutionary Computation (7) Artificial Life: Self-Organizing and Evolutionary Systems.]
- Lateiner Joshua S. Of Man, Mind and Machine.
- Dawkins, Richard Viruses of the Mind.
- Ogryzko, Vasily3 abstracts: (1) Evolution of Symbol Conventionality, (2) Digital and nondigital information in genetic langauge, and (3) Physics and biosemiotics
- Rocha, L.M. Selected Self-Organization From Eigenbehavior to Descriptions
- Rocha, L.M.Eigenbehavior and Symbols
- Henry, Charles and Rocha, L.M.Language Theory: Consensual Selection of Dynamics.
- Kineman, J. Theory of Autevolution. (epistemology, Gaia).
- First International Conference on Cognitive Science. August 1995, Hong Kong
- 20 papers and a contact form for the 1997 Conference.
- The Proceedings of International Conference L.S. Vygotsky and the Contemporary Human Sciences
- 37 papers on-line.
- Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Information Science
- 20 papers on-line.
- Semiotics '95 Conference: Semiotics as a Bridge between the Humanities and the Sciences
- Conference at the University of Toronto. Includes a conference programme (titles of some 75 papers and addresses) and ONE paper on-line.
- Colin Allen and Marc Bekoff Species of Mind: The Philosophy and Biology of Cognitive Ethology
- Kull, K. On the history of joining bio with semio: F. S. Rothschild and the biosemiotic rules
Kull, K. Biosemiotics in the twentieth century: a view from biology.
- Menant, Christophe From Biosemiotics to Semiotics.
- Menant, Christophe The systemic theory of meaning.
Majow Web Sites on Biosemiotics
What is Biosemiotics by Kalevi Kull
Virtual and Augmented Reality
General System Theory