Sheldon Wheaton's Home Page
Welcome to the KCØCW home page
- Hear my son Jeffrey's welcome message (54kb WAV file)
- Amateur Radio - I've held an amateur radio license since 1971. I currently hold an Extra class license.
- Antique Radios - I collect and restore antique radios, especially
receivers and transmitters of the 1920's thru the 40's. These
were typically used for amateur or commercial operations during that
period. My collection also includes numerous examples of tactical
used during World War II. Some of these radios are occasionally used
amateur radio operations. Here are some examples of the WWII era US
Army Signal Corps radios and US
Navy radios that I like to collect.
- Stereo Photography and Imagery - I enjoy taking stereo or "3-D"
with some of my old (1940's vintage) Kodak
cameras. I also collect turn-of-the-century era stereo view cards, as
as unusual and interesting Viewmaster slides (the round type) made by
- Kansas State University - I am
of KSU in Manhattan, KS (1980).
- I have a 1957 Chevrolet BelAir 2-door hardtop, that I hope to restore
someday (the one pictured in the link isn't mine!).
Satellite Navigation - I work as a mechanical engineer, designing
navigation equipment for aircraft.
- Here is a list of old
parts for sale.
a picture of my son, Jeffrey, running my old Lionel train.
My Mom &
- Before I was born.
- This is my Grandma, with her incredible Christmas Cactus!
- Here's a drawing of the Kansas State University mascot, "Willie the
that was scanned in from a 1917 yearbook.
- This is a model I built many years ago. Working headlights,
& dome light.
Radio Relay League - amateur radio
Antique Wireless Association
- the Kansas State
Magazine - stereo photography
- world's best GPS equipment (and
also my employer)!
Friends' home pages:
- my computer-whiz son!
- my other son, master of LEGO and the new household HotWheels expert!
Kevin Vap - co-worker,
building his own airplane, software guru
Paul & Nancy Stump -
co-worker (Paul), amateur radio operators (NØLRF and
KBØGSF), and expert chicken farmers
(they need new chicken jokes!)
Online log book