Serial: 6E Episode Nos. 586, 587, 588, and 589. Title: Arc of Infinity
A creature composed of anti-matter attempts to physically bond with the
Doctor. The threat of cataclysm this brings about forces the Time Lords
to recall him to Gallifrey, where they intend to
prevent the full bonding by taking the Doctor's life. Tegan, meanwhile,
has found the creature on Earth in
starring Peter Davison as the Doctor, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa, and Janet Fielding as Tegan. Written by Johnny Byrne, Produced by John Nathan-Turner, and Directed by Ron Jones.
Originally transmitted from
- All four episodes of the story, with digitally restored pictures and sound.
- Graphical menus, episode selection, and scene selection features.
- Commentary track by actors Peter Davison (the Doctor), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Janet Fielding (Tegan), and Colin Baker (Commander Maxil in this story, but more famous for later playing the Sixth Doctor)
- “Anti-Matter From Amsterdam” A new 35-minute documentary about the making of this story, hosted by Sophie Aldred. Features interviews with script editor Eric Saward, writer Johnny Byrne, actors Peter Davison, Sarah Sutton, Ian Collier (Omega), Alastair Cumming (Colin Frazer), Colin Baker, and Paul Jerricho (the Castellan).
- “The Omega Factor” A new 15-minute documentary about the character of Omega as presented throughout the series. Features interviews with writers Bob Baker (writer of The Three Doctors), Johnny Byrne (writer of Arc of Infinity), and Nev Fountain (writer of the Big Finish audio Doctor Who – Omega), and actors Stephen Thorne (Omega in The Three Doctors), and Ian Collier (Omega in Arc of Infinity).
- Deleted Scenes - A 3-minute package of about 11 deleted scenes.
- “Under Arc Lights” – A 12-minute package of video recorded by the main studio cameras between takes.
- CGI Effects - An option that plays the story with many of the original video effects replaced with newly-made computer generated ones.
- Continuities – A 3-minute package of the BBC’s previews and introductions for this story on its original broadcast in 1983.
- Isolated Music Option – Plays the story with only the incidental music score playing.
- Photo Gallery – An 8-minute package of still photographs taken during production.
- Doctor Who Annual 1983 and Radio Times Listings. These are pdf files of these publications readable by any DVD-ROM drive on a PC.
Coming Soon Trailer – A 1-minute trailer for the
forthcoming DVD of The Time Warrior,
- Subtitles for the hearing impaired.