Serial: HHH Episode Nos. 294, 295, 296, 297, and 298.. Title: Colony in Space
The Time Lords send the Doctor and Jo in pursuit of the Master, who has stolen files pertaining to
a universe-threatening Doomsday Weapon. It’s hidden somewhere on a planet being fought over
between a struggling group of human colonists and the Interplanetary Mining Corporation, who
want to strip the place bare. The Doctor attempts to intervene, but the Master sees the conflict as
a means to his own ends.
starring Jon Pertwee as Doctor Who, Roger Delgado as the Master, Katy Manning as Jo Grant, and
a cameo by Nicholas Courtney as Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
Written by Malcolm Hulke, Produced by Barry Letts, and Directed by Michael Briant.
- All 6 episodes of the story as originally broadcast, but digitally remastered and restored.
It should be noted, however, that the archive’s videotapes for this story are not the original ones
it was made on and are of noticeably lower quality than usual. (Still much better than the VHS
release was though.)
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for
the hearing impaired.
Optional commentary track by actors Katy Manning (Jo Grant), Bernard Kay (
Morris Perry (Dent), director Michael Briant, script editor Terrance Dicks, and assistant
floor manager Graeme Harper.
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout
- “IMC Needs You” A 25-minute making-of-the-show documentary framed with an “IMC
Recruitment” video. Features interviews with all of the commentary contributors, plus
producer Barry Letts.
- From the Cutting Room Floor. 13 minutes of mute film trims from the location shoot.
- Photo Gallery. A 6-minute featurette of photo stills taken throughout the production of the story.
- PDF Materials. The Radio Times listings are available as a .pdf file if you put the disc
into a computer.
- Coming Soon Trailer. A trailer for the forthcoming DVDs of Invasion of the Dinosaurs
and The Android Invasion.