Serial: 5Y Episode Nos. 568, 569, 570, and 571. Title: Kinda
The jungle paradise planet Deva Loka is home to a mental serpent that possesses Tegan's mind
in a dream. It then tries to foment war between the natives of the planet and the human colonization
expedition set up in a dome nearby. With the human in charge going completely insane as well,
will the Doctor be able to stop the cycle of destruction from starting?
starring Peter Davison as the Doctor, Matthew Waterhouse as Adric, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa,
and Janet Fielding as Tegan.
Written by Christopher Bailey, Produced by John Nathan-Turner, and Directed by Peter Grimwade.
- All 4 episodes of the story, digitally remastered and restored.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for
the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actors Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Matthew
Waterhouse, and Nerys Hughes (Todd).
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout
- Isolated Music option. Selecting this will play the story with only the music soundtrack
- “Dream Time” A 34-minute behind-the-scenes making-of featurette which interviews
script editors Christopher H. Bidmead, Antony Root, and Eric Saward, writer
Christopher Bailey, director Peter Grimwade, actors Janet Fielding,
Mills (Aris), Nerys Hughes, and Simon Rouse (Hindle), production designer
Malcolm Thornton and new series writer Robert Shearman.
- “Peter Grimwade – Directing With Attitude.” A 23-minute feature on this story’s director
featuring interviews with the man himself (from 1987), Eric Saward, Malcolm
Thornton, Nerys Hughes, Janet Fielding, Christopher Bailey, story consultant
Ian Levine, production assistant Margot Hayhoe, production secretary Jane Judge,
Editor of the novelisations Nigel Robinson, and presented by actor Mark Strickson
- Deleted and Extended Scenes. A 15-minute package of 28 deleted and extended
scenes from the first two episodes (which had run very long).
- CGI Effects Option – replaces the “of it’s time” giant snake at the end of the story with
a modern CGI version.
- CGI Effects Comparison – a featurette that plays the two versions of the giant snake
- Trails and Continuity. A 4-minute package of the trailers the BBC ran with the original
- Photo Gallery, 5 minutes of still photos taken during the production.
- PDF Materials: the Radio Times listings
- Coming Soon Trailer for the Revisitations 2 box set the UK will be getting later in the
year, which is a bit odd as the titles in it won’t be coming out in this form in North