Serial: 4G Episode Nos. 410, 411, 412, and 413. Title: Pyramids of Mars
"Beware Sutekh." This is a message repeated endlessly from a
power source located on the planet Mars, directed at the Earth as a warning
that the tomb of Sutekh the Destroyer has been violated. Will the Doctor
be able to defeat a being whose mental powers made him appear as a god to
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, and Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith. Written by Stephen Harris, Produced by Phillip Hinchcliffe, and Directed by Paddy Russell.
Originally transmitted from
- All 4 episodes of the story, digitally restored and remastered. Episodes are 25 minutes each.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS STORY HAS BEEN RELEASED UNEDITED
- Graphical menus, episode selection features, and scene selection features.
- Commentary track by actors Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) and Michael Sheard (Laurence Scarman), producer Philip Hinchcliffe,
with additional location-recorded comments by director Paddy Russell.
- Production Notes Subtitles option.
- Deleted Scenes. 3 minutes of deleted scenes and alternate takes from the story.
- “Osirian Gothic”. New 22-minute documentary on the making of the story, featuring interviews with director Paddy Russell, producer
Philip Hinchcliffe, actors Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), Bernard Archard (Marcus Scarman), Michael Sheard (Laurence
Scarman), Gabriel Woolf (Sutekh), and Peter Copley (Dr. Warlock), and production designer Christine Ruscoe.
- “Serial Thrillers”. New 42-minute documentary about the three-year period of Doctor Who produced by Philip Hinchcliffe, of which this
story is a part. Includes interviews with Hinchcliffe, Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), director (of other stories) David Maloney,
writer (of other stories) Robert Banks Stewart, production designers Christine Ruscoe and Roger Murray-Leach, “famous fans”
Andrew Beech, Jim Sangster, Gareth Roberts, and Alan Barnes, and the infamous Mary Whitehouse. Cameo apperance by the
Outpost Gallifrey webpage.
- “Now and Then”. New 8-minute segment contrasting the Stargroves country house as it looks today with how it looked when the story
was made in 1975.
- “Oh Mummy”. Hysterical new 7-minute spoof documentary about Sutekh and his career after Pyramids of Mars.
- Picture Gallery. 11-minute montage of still photos from the production.
- “Who’s Who”. Text listing of actors’ biographies.
- Howard Da Silva Intros featurette. EXCLUSIVE TO THE NORTH AMERICAN EDITION. 15-minute featurette showing all of the
narration and title sequence changes added to this story
when the first Tom Baker episodes were syndicated in the
- 1 Easter Egg. Highlight the invisible area below to see how to find it and what it is:
- Go into the Special Features menu, and highlight the “Osirian Gothic” option. Then press the left arrow. A Doctor Who logo
will appear highlighted. Click this, and you will see a 2.5 minute series of broadcast trailers for this story from both the original
broadcast in 1975 and from a repeat screening in the last few years.