Serial: 4D Episode Nos. 398, 399, 400, and 401. Title: Revenge of the Cybermen
The Doctor and his friends return to Nerva Beacon to find most of the crew dead of what the crew
believes is a plague. It doesn't take the Doctor long to discover that it is in fact poison being spread
by Cybermats sent by the Cybermen, for nearby Nerva is all that remains of Voga, the Planet of
Gold that supplied the arsenal that led to the defeat of the Cybermen in a vast war. It's destruction
is the first step in their campaign to again conquer space...
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, and Ian Marter
as Harry Sullivan. Written by Gerry Davis, Produced by Phillip Hinchcliffe, and
Directed by Michael E. Briant.
- All 4 episodes of the story, digitally remastered and restored.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for
the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actors Elisabeth Sladen and David Collings
(Vorus), producer Philip Hinchcliffe and production designer
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout
- “The Tin Men and The Witch” A new 25-minute featurette about the making
of the story featuring interviews with producers Philip Hinchcliffe and Barry
Letts and director Michael E. Briant.
- Location Report. A 6-minute segment from a contemporary news magazine
program that interviewed Tom Baker during the location shooting in the caves
for this story, before he’d debuted to the British public. This interview was also
seen on the DVD of The Ark in Space.
- “Cheques, Lies, and Videotape” A 28-minute featurette about the Doctor Who
market” of videotape trading during the 1980s in
showings of older episodes were few and far between.
- Photo Gallery. 5 minutes of still photos taken during the making of the story.
- Coming Soon Trailer. A 40-second trailer for the forthcoming release of
Time and the Rani.
- PDF Materials. Place this disc into your computer and you’ll have access to
PDF files containing the original 1975 Radio Times TV listings for this story.
- 1 Easter Egg. Highlight the blank area below to see what it is and where to find it.
o Go to the Special Features menu, highlight “Cheques Lies and Videotape”
and press the left arrow. A Doctor Who logo will appear. Click on this
and you’ll see the outgoing animated BBC Video logo from the original
1983 VHS release of this story (the first ever Doctor Who VHS).