Episode Nos. 492, 493, 494, and 495. Title: The Androids of
For once, Romana easily locates and transforms the fourth segment of the Key to Time. Escaping with it, however,
is another matter entirely, when she is mistaken by the Count Grendel for the Princess Strella, then abducted by him for use
in a complex political intrigue with which he hopes to wrest control of the kingdom from the rightful Prince Reynart.
The Doctor may be able to rescue her, however, with the aid of an android double of the prospective King...
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who, Mary Tamm as Romana, and John Leeson as the Voice of K9.
Written by David Fisher, Produced by Graham Williams, and Directed by Michael Hayes.
- All four 25-minute episodes with full restoration treatment.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Commentary with actors Tom Baker and Mary Tamm, and director Michael Hayes.
- Production Notes subtitles. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout the story.
- “The Humans of Tara” 20-minute behind-the-scenes documentary. Features interviews with actors Mary Tamm,
Paul Lavers (Farrah), and Neville Jason (Prince Reynart), writer David Fisher, script editor Anthony Read,
- “Now and Then: The Androids of Tara” 10-minute featurette on
in the making
of this story, spotlighting how it looked in 1978 compared to the present.
- “Double Trouble” 11-minute featurette on the history of doubles in Doctor Who. With interviews with Tom
Spilsbury of Doctor Who Magazine,
and Paul Lang and Moray Laing from Doctor Who Adventures.
- Photo Gallery. 8 minutes.
- Radio Times Listings. A pdf file on the disc of the TV listings for this story, readable by a computer.
Features listed in italics were also present on the 2002 edition of this DVD.