Episode Nos. 107, 108, 109, and 110. Title: The
The TARDIS lands aboard a vast spaceship carrying the whole of humanity on a 700 year long
journey to a new home now that the Earth is destroyed. They are welcomed as guests, until
Dodo's cold virus spreads to their number and begins killing the humans and their Monoid servants,
because the common cold was cured so long ago they no longer have a resistance to it...
William Hartnell as Dr. Who, Peter Purves as Steven Taylor, and
Written by Paul Erickson and Lesley Scott, Produced by John Wiles, Directed by Michael Imison.
- All 4 episodes of the story, digitally remastered and restored.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for
the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actor Peter Purves and director Michael Imison.
Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout
- “Alls Wells that Ends Wells” A 13-minute featurette about the influence of the
works of science fiction founder H.G. Wells on The Ark and on Doctor Who in general.
- “One Hit Wonder” A 5-minute look at how some monsters just appear the once in
Doctor Who, like the Monoids in this story, and why that is.
- “Riverside Story” A 20-minute featurette where Peter Purves is brought back to the
the BBC’s Riverside Studios, where The Ark and many other 1960s Doctor Who
stories were recorded.
- Photo Gallery. 3 minutes of production stills taken during the making of the story.
- PDF Files. DVD-ROM files in Acrobat Reader .pdf format of the Radio Times
listings for this story. Just place the disc in your computer and open the files.
- Coming Soon. A 1 minute trailer for the forthcoming DVDs of Kinda and Snakedance.