Serial: 4K Episode Nos. 418, 419, 420, and 421. Title: The Brain of Morbius
Dr. Mehendri Solon was once a follower of the cult of Morbius, a Time Lord criminal who led an army against
the psychic powers of the Sisterhood of Karn for possession of their elixir of eternal life. Morbius was supposedly
executed by the Time Lords for his crimes, but Solon has secretly saved his brain, and is now assembling a new
body for it to inhabit. Can the Doctor prevent Morbius' rebirth? And can he save the Sisterhood from death
now that their elixir has been exhausted?
starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who and Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith. Written by Robin Bland,
Produced by Philip Hinchcliffe, and Directed by Christopher Barry.
Doctor Who: The Brain of Morbius starring Tom Baker as Doctor Who and Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.
- 4 25-minute episodes.
- Graphical menus, episode and selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Commentary track by actors Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, and Philip Madoc (Solon), Producer
Philip Hinchcliffe, and Director Christopher Barry.
- “Getting a Head” A new 32-minute behind-the-scenes featurette narrated by Paul McGann.
Features interviews with actors Philip Madoc, Cynthia Grenville (Maron), Gillian Brown (Ohica),
and Colin Fay (Condo), producer Philip Hinchcliffe, director Christopher Barry, designer Barry
Newbury, and musician Dudley Simpson.
- “Designs on Karn” A new 6-minute interview with designer Barry Newbury about how the sets were made.
- “Set Tour” A 2-minute computer-generated virtual tour of the studio and how the sets were fitted into it.
- Photo Gallery. A 5-minute presentation of still photos taken during the production.
- Sketch Gallery. A 2-minute presentation of the designer’s sketches and of the DVD featurette artwork.
- Information Text. Select this option and production trivia subtitles will appear as you watch the story.
- Radio Times Listings. Place the DVD into the DVD-ROM drive of a computer and you can access pdf
files containing the original Radio Times TV listings for this story.
- Two Easter Eggs. Highlight the blank text below to see what they are and how to find them:
- Egg 1. Go to the Special Features menu and highlight “Set Tour,” then press the left arrow on your remote.
A Doctor Who logo will appear. Click on this and you’ll see and hear being read a letter of complaint
written by a young fan in 1975 to “Robin Bland,” the so-called author of the story, and script editor
Robert Holmes’ reply.
- Egg 2. Go into the Episode Selection screen, highlight “Main Menu,” then press the left arrow.
A Doctor Who logo will appear. Click on this and you’ll get some behind-the-scenes trivia.