Serial: MMM Episode Nos. 308, 309, 310, and 311. Title: The Curse of Peladon
The TARDIS lands halfway up a mountainside on the fierce planet Peladon. In the citadel at the top, alien delegates
from across the Galactic Federation are meeting to discuss the planet's admittance to their alliance, but their safety is
threatened by what the Peladon High Priest describes as an ancient curse. When the Doctor is mistaken for the delegate
from Earth, his life is also threatened for his investigations are pointing too close to the truth...
starring Jon Pertwee as Doctor Who and Katy Manning as Jo Grant. Written by Brian Hayles, Produced by Barry Letts,
and Directed by Lennie Mayne.
- All four episodes of the story with full restoration treatment. Picture quality is particularly improved
on this release over the previous VHS release, where it was quite poor.
- Graphical menus, episode and scene selection features, and subtitles for the hearing impaired.
- Optional commentary track by actor Katy Manning, script editor Terrance Dicks, producer
Barry Letts, and production assistant Chris D’Oyly-John. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
- Information Text subtitles option. Displays pop-up production trivia throughout the story.
- “The Peladon Saga – Part One” A new 24-minute documentary about the making of this story
with interviews with everyone from the commentary, plus sound designer Brian Hodgson,
visual effects designer Peter Day, make-up designers Sylvia James and Elizabeth Moss,
as well as actors from The Monster of Peladon sequel: Ralph Watson (Ettis), Nina Thomas (Thalira),
and Donald Gee (Eckersley)
- “Warriors of Mars” A new 15-minute documentary tracing the appearances of the Ice Warriors
throughout the series. Features interviews with Ice Warrior actors Bernard Bresslaw,
Sonny Caldinez, and Alan Bennion, director Michael Ferguson, Terrance Dicks,
Barry Letts, Sylvia James, Brian Hodgson, and Peter Day.
- “Jon and Katy” A 7-minute featurette focusing on the relationship between Jon Petwee and
Katy Manning as actors, featuring Katy Manning, Terrance Dicks, and Barry Letts.
- Storyboard Comparison A 2-minute comparison of the storyboards for the model work in this
story versus what was actually shot and shown.
- Photo Gallery. An 8-minute compilation of photographic stills taken during the production.
- PDF Materials. Viewable by placing this disc in your computer’s optical drive, you can see PDF files
containing the Radio Times listings for these episodes from 1972, and a 7-page BBC Enterprises
sales document for the benefit of overseas customers who might want to buy this story for their
own TV networks.