Serial: TTT Episode Nos. 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, and 355. Title: The Green Death
UNIT is called to investigate the death of a Welsh miner, whose skin glowed
green. Prof. Jones of the nearby Wholeweal Community of alternative
sciences believes the pollution from Global Chemicals is to blame, and when
begin to crawl from the earth, his suspicions seem confirmed As the Doctor investigates, he finds evidence of an even greater menace from the top floor of Global Chemicals that could mean enslavement for the entire world...
This story sees the departure of Katy Manning as Jo Grant.
starring Jon Pertwee as Dr. Who, Katy Manning as Jo Grant, Nicholas Courtney as Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, Richard Franklin as Captain Yates, and John Levene as Sergeant Benton. Written by Robert Sloman, Produced by Barry Letts, and Directed by Michael Briant.
Originally transmitted from
- All 6 episodes of the story, digitially restored and remastered. Episodes are 26 minutes each.
- Graphical menus, episode selection features, and scene selection features.
- Commentary track by actress Katy Manning (Jo Grant), script editor Terrance Dicks, and producer (and uncredited co-writer) Barry Letts.
- “Interview with Robert Sloman”. A 7-minute interview with the principal writer of this story.
- “Interview with Stewart Bevan”. An 8-minute interview with guest star Stewart Bevan (Prof. Jones).
- “Global Conspiracy?” A hysterical 11-minute spoof documentary about the terrible events of this story and their cover-up, by environmentalist
activist journalist Terry Scanlon. (Terry Scanlon is actually League of Gentlemen star Mark Gatiss, who also wrote this spoof.)
- “Visual Effects” A 12-minute interview with visual effects assistant Colin Mapson, who worked on this story. He also demonstrates how a
giant maggot is made.
- “Picture Gallery” An 8-minute montage of production stills.
- Information Text. Displays pop-up production trivia subtitles as the episodes play.
- Who’s Who. Biographies of the actors playing the major parts in this story.
- 1 Easter Egg. Highlight the invisible text area below to see what it is and how to find it.
At the start of the main menu, simply press the left arrow immediately. This will highlight the Doctor Who logo at the top of the screen.
Click on that, and you will see the BBC1 continuity announcements that topped and tailed some of the episodes of this story on their